eleven

when the group went backstage to get their makeup touched up and to adjust anything (like their hair) before a small group of fans were allowed to see them, taehyung couldn't bring himself to meet jungkook's eyes. he knew that jungkook had recognized her. he knew his biggest mistake that day was his eagerness to see kisa, even going as far as sliding the album over to himself.

so when jungkook began coming his way, taehyung made a bee-line for yoongi.

"hi," yoongi said to him, not looking up from his phone, where he was reading an e-book. "i met kisa."

her name brought a smile up to his face. "just as i described her, right?"

yoongi put down his phone and smiled at him. "she's exactly how you described - dimples, hair, everything. i'm surprised she got something for every member."

taehyung grinned at him. "she's a very generous girl," he mused. "what did she get you?"

"a hair treatment kit," yoongi laughed. "for my ever-changing chameleon hair to be healthy. it was really thoughtful, considering i just came out of my black hair phase."

taehyung's smile seemed to be stuck on his face at yoongi's words.

a hand tapped his shoulder.

his head turned and the smile wiped off his face completely.

jungkook's stoic face greeted his eyes. "can we talk?" asked the younger one.

a pause.

"let's talk quickly before the fans come, then," the older one agreed.

the two boys headed into one of the changing rooms, where they would be allowed better privacy. the last thing either of them wanted was for someone (namely seokjin, hoseok, and jimin) to hear and make a big deal out of it, seeing as they didn't already know.

jungkook was quick to attack. "did you invite her?"

taehyung sighed. "would you be mad at me if i said yes?"

"yes," jungkook answered gruffly. "you were the first person i told about her. i trusted you and you knew that i was upset when she stood me up last year because i thought i was finally going to have a chance at something idols don't get often."

taehyung's frustration let loose. "it's been a year, jungkook. kisa doesn't even remember you. you should let go and move on. it's my turn at something great now. why can't you just let me have my moment?"

"because it was my spotlight you took away from me," gloated jungkook. "i met her first in that skewer shop bathroom, and she helped me get away from crazy fans despite being one herself. she had me hooked, you knew that. you know that now."

"it's funny because i met her the same way. i was going to my favorite japchae house yesterday and fans followed me. the auntie there told me a nice girl was eating in a fairly empty booth and wouldn't mind extra company. kisa offered to switched clothes with me in order to help me. and you know what, jungkook?"

jungkook met taehyung's eyes, knowing what was coming.

"she has me hooked too."

jungkook began laughing. "so you're telling me she ditched me last year with the same invitation, but yesterday when you gave her a ticket, she comes bearing gifts?"

taehyung grew angered. "how do you expect her to come to our fansign after getting into a car accident?"

jungkook choked on the words he was about to spit out. he paled, his mouth opening and closing like a fish. "a car accident?" he asked slowly, his voice noticeably quieter.

taehyung shook his head. "jungkook, know that i'm the hyung you should still go to for advice, but your hyung has the opportunity of a lifetime. our song was right. her existence is a crime and her dimple is her weapon. know that."

with that, taehyung left the room.

kisa made her way backstage with the small group of girls that had also paid to have their backstage pass. she almost felt guilty with her free pass being given to her. but she figured she earned it well enough - how often do idols just hand out their tickets anyways?

when she made it backstage, the security guards quickly ushered the fans into a line, where they would get their turn to speak with the members and take a group photo with them. it was a nice thing for a group to do, especially for the fans. kisa had butterflies in her stomach as she thought of the incredibly talented boys that donned indescribably beautiful physical features.

it just so happened to be her luck that she was last in line, courtesy of arriving thirty seconds late after a quick trip to the bathroom.

this proved to be one of the best accidental decisions she had made in a long time. the other fans were hilarious and it was no joke, the amount of love these people had for them. some were so stunned and awed by being surrounded by them and being doused in their presence that their parent urged them on to take the picture with them and to hug them. of course, the boys were always courteous.

kisa couldn't stop thinking about jungkook and what he said to her.

"hi, i'm song kisa," she told him with a bright smile.

"i know," he involuntarily said.

she felt uneasy about that. did taehyung tell him? even then, it wouldn't have made sense. how would he have known her face? her mind swirled in different directions, her confusion multiplying by the minute.

she couldn't help but wonder.

did she know him before her accident?

she almost laughed at the thought and patiently waited for her turn, clearing all thoughts about her foolish wondering from her mind.