fifteen

jeon jungkook had no idea what to do.

he had tried to outrun a group of forty teenage girls (and boys) to the skewer shop to meet song kisa, mostly due to the fact that he forgot he was famous. fame did many things for him. it allowed him to pursue his dreams and become an idol. it allowed him to rise up out of the depths and get his voice heard in the form of music. it allowed him to spread recognition to the world of korean music and how it can influence not only his country, but the entire world. it allowed him to show that music is a universal language that anyone can relate to, regardless of the tongue being spoken.

it allowed him to meet song kisa.

however, jungkook's fame came with the price of having crazy fans and having the media follow his every move. his problem was the former, his meeting with kisa being delayed ten whopping minutes longer due to the number of diversions he made.

just as he did in october 2016, he hid in a familiar alley to take a breather. his frustration was peaking, his desire to finally meet with song kisa surpassing any other wish he had ever wanted. he looked back and cursed.

the crowd of sasaeng fans had almost caught up.

with immense frustration, he took off again, taking about five turns before running into the skewer shop that held so many memories. he didn't have time to process if he saw song kisa or where he was going, he just knew that he needed to hide. he made way for the bathroom on the left, running into the only open stall and locking the door behind him. he leaned against the stall door in pure exhaustion, annoyed that he had been put in this situation yet again.

there was a great commotion outside, meaning the fans had saw him going to the skewer shop. he let out a sigh of frustration and weariness. he would be stuck in here until the store owner convinced them he wasn't here. in the past years, she had done him that tremendous favor and he couldn't have been more grateful. he decided she deserved a big tip for her thoughtfulness. jungkook decided he would be happy to buy more than his usual amount to make up for it too.

"excuse me?" a female voice sounded from next to him.

jungkook's blood ran cold. he realized he entered the wrong bathroom. the male bathrooms were on the right-hand side, the female bathroom on the left-hand side. he wanted to punch himself. the night wasn't supposed to turn out like this at all.

the female voice came again. "uh- excuse me?"

the familiarity in the voice and the situation of being in the girls bathroom again made him want to knock the stall door down. this was painfully familiar, the amount of nostalgia he received making it almost lethal.

jungkook let out a cough as if to say, i'm here!

there was shifting from the next stall. "i'm really sorry, but can i ask you to pass some toilet paper?"

red poured into jungkook's cheeks. he quickly rolled up a plentiful amount of toilet paper and passed it to the girl under the stall. the aching in his heart was growing by the second has his mind relayed the events from october 2016.

"thank you so much," the girl thanked him. he heard the toilet flush and the girl went outside to wash her hands.

"uh girl," he called out to her, ignoring the feeling in this chest basically suffocating him.

there was a small crash, some footsteps, and a bang. the girl had returned to her place in the stall next to him. "you're a dude?" the girl squeaked.

"yes. please, you have to help me," he said after a long moment of consideration. he couldn't believe how strikingly similar this was to his meeting with kisa, but he figured that he would have to make do with whatever he had. he couldn't ask anyone for help, knowing his members are just as popular. they would be no help.

"and why should i help a random dude that went into a girl's bathroom?" the girl replied to him. jungkook could picture song kisa with her hand on her hips, her dimples appearing in her sassy smile.

"do you have a favorite group or singer?" he asked her. it was clear that bribery would work out the best for him. he really needed to meet with song kisa. there was no way he could text her and tell her he was in the girls' bathroom, especially if she lost her memory of what happened between them.

"i used to have a favorite singer. i don't know if i like him anymore, though," was the girls' cryptic response.

jungkook blinked. what was he supposed to do with that? "is there anyone else you could think of?"

"uh," there was a short pause from the girl before she spoke up again, "do you know kim seokjin?"

did he know kim seokjin? what a joke. "if i get you an autograph from kim seokjin, then will you help me?" he reasoned. jungkook couldn't believe he was doing this again, especially after he promised song kisa namjoon's autograph for helping him.

there was a pause. it made jungkook nervous. what could she possibly be thinking about? this was the perfect deal, his hyung's autograph and her help.

"deal."

another pause.

"but only because you gave me toilet paper."

he let out a laugh at her words. it felt nice to laugh when things were going to wrong. it felt nice to laugh when the pain his chest from song kisa was making him crazy.

"don't laugh!"

this only made him laugh even harder.

but soon enough, they both were chuckling in their bathroom stalls, wondering what kind of situation they were put in.

the universe aligned to allow them to have a second chance, unbeknownst to the two people in the skewer shop bathroom.

-

i feel like the next chapter would be the perfect cut-off, but i can make a longer alternate ending? i really thought i was going to cut it off in this chapter

but i love you guys so i'll let you think on that