ae: eighteen

when jungkook made his way into the dorm, he made his way past the couches and the kitchen and made way to his room. the other members were in various places in the dorm, yoongi producing in his room (jungkook could tell by the amount of times he heard a single track play over and over), hoseok and jimin sleeping on the couch with the tv going on still, taehyung sleeping on the floor in front of the couch (jungkook figured he was sitting down but eventually fell asleep as well).

the last thing jungkook was expected was to see namjoon sitting in his desk chair and seokjin standing next to the bed, poking at one of his bluetooth speakers.

"where were you?" namjoon asked him, a stern expression on his face. "you ran out of the dorm almost four hours ago and you return at eleven o'clock."

jungkook cursed at himself and scrambled to make up a feasible excuse, "i was just out with a friend and i forgot we were meeting up."

seokjin seemed to study his face before nodding. "just text us where you're going before you go or something. we thought something happened to you."

jungkook gave his older brothers a smile. "i'm perfectly okay. i'm great. no need to worry, trust me. i just hung out with a friend i haven't talked to in a while. she and i just lost track of time and-"

"she?" namjoon asked incredulously. "your friend is a girl?"

he wanted to slap himself. "yeah," he replied, his voice considerably quieter.

seokjin raised his brow. "wait, does this have to do with that girl you were telling me about a few weeks ago?"

"song kisa?" namjoon said in recognition, recalling the name.

the dazed smile unknowingly made its way onto jungkook's face. "yeah, we had lambs skewers together. she and i are back on speaking terms, and it's just looking so good right now. she looked really good today, and i think i almost melted-"

"jungkook?" seokjin interrupted.

"yeah?" the youngest boy asked, snapped out of his daze. he didn't seem to notice that he was completely lovestruck only a few seconds ago. 

"shut up," the oldest said, the three laughing at jungkook's infatuation.

park jimin, however, was still kept out of the loop. and boy, was he determined to figure out why jungkook was in such a strange mood for months and suddenly be all-better after one night. taehyung had gone into small mood swings, appearing at various times.

jungkook's phone rang for the fifth time that week since he ran out of the dorm (though it had only been two days). a bright smile made his way to his face. his eyes trailed to the rest of members, excusing himself. "it's my brother, i'll take the call in the bathroom."

jimin had never seen jungkook so happy to talk to his brother, though he couldn't really question it. he himself had experienced times where that's all he wanted to do. but curiosity got the best of him. "i'm going to the bathroom," he said, leaving the dance practice room that they had been in for hours practicing on their own.

the blonde-haired boy silently entered the bathroom, where jungkook was talking on the phone.  he quickly stepped into a stall, eavesdropping on the conversation.

"haha, i'm good," jungkook said. "what about you?"

the older boy almost groaned. if he was wasting this on jungkook actually talking to his brother, then he would have to brand himself as simply over-critical.

"oh my god, you're so cute."

jimin nearly fell, hitting the stall door. that definitely did not sound like anything jungkook would say to his older brother.

"wait, i think someone is here."

jungkook opened the stall door to jimin's stall, which he didn't even bother to lock. "uh, i have to go. it's jimin hyung." with that, he hung up. "what are you doing here?"

jimin crossed his arms. "you were acting strange so i wanted to know if you were okay. taehyung's also being weird. are you two fighting?"

"can we please talk about this later?" the younger boy pleaded. "i don't want taehyung questioning why i keep calling people."

with a sigh, jimin ushered jungkook to the door. "you owe me an explanation."

"yeah, whatever."

"do you know how confused i was when you called your 'brother' cute?"

"oh my god, please, let's not."

"just saying."

//

hello i'm finally updating, double update coming up ;)