twelve

kisa couldn't believe the number of times her heart should've stopped yesterday.

seokjin making it known to her about his amazing looks? seokjin writing a dad joke for her? hoseok being a ray of sunshine before her very eyes? namjoon complimenting her name? namjoon promising her he'll use the headset she got him to produce songs? yoongi taking the time to write yoosung a note? jimin's reaction to the penguin plushie? jimin recommending she go to busan in the winter? jungkook giving her his number?

kim taehyung being excited to see her? kim taehyung inviting her to the fansign event? taehyung smiling? taehyung writing a note to her in her photobook? kim taehyung just in general?

kisa wondered how she was alive, even now. her heart raced at the thought of the group and her day.

however, her heart-stopping events took a different turn when she got back to her apartment.

seo gayeon yelling at her for disappearing without telling her or yoosung? choi yoosung nearly dying after kisa told them why she was gone for so long? yoosung dying again when kisa gave him the note from yoongi? yoosung crying?

her day had surely been interesting.

yet, at the current hour, yoosung was out with his doctor friends working his internship at the hospital and grabbing lunch with them afterward. gayeon was training with the university's tennis team.

and kisa?

kisa was at the gym, running on the treadmill as she listened to a lecture about creating mood using shading for her graphic design class. a call interrupted the professor wrapping up the end of the lecture.

incoming call from gucci fanboy...

kisa slowed down the treadmill, knowing exactly who was calling her. she couldn't stop the grin from spreading onto her face.

"hello, you have reached the hotline for the beautiful and amazing song kisa," she said as she answered the phone, "please leave a message for this goddess at the beep."

taehyung's low chuckle sounded through her earbuds. "you get more interesting the more i talk to you," he commented, making her roll her eyes as she smiled ridiculously wide. her dimples revealed themselves shamelessly.

"i'm a very interesting girl, mr. idol," kisa answered him, slowing her treadmill even more down. "what's up?"

"just wondering how you were doing," he replied simply. her heart fluttered a little at the small act. "we're supposed to be getting ready for our fansign, our last one in seoul."

"what are you doing calling me then?" kisa laughed. "you should be testing your markers and setting up your things, you know. don't get yelled at because you're talking to me."

"i'm sure it would be worth it," taehyung chuckled. "jimin hyung, when does the event start?"

"in thirty minutes," jimin answered. "who are you calling?"

taehyung pondered for a bit before an idea came up in his head. "you want to speak to her?"

"her?" jimin smirked. "let's see."

"hello?" jimin spoke into the phone.

kisa almost laughed. "hello, you have reached the hotline for the beautiful and amazing song kisa," she said as she answered the phone, "please leave a message for this goddess at the beep."

jimin laughed. "you punk! you gave your number to a fan?"

"can you blame me? she's amazing," said taehyung's voice. 

kisa bit her lip to keep herself from smiling. 

jungkook's unmistakable voice sounded in the background. "jimin hyung, who are you calling?"

"oh, it's taehyung's friend!" jimin yelled back to the youngest member. 

jungkook's face displayed a frown as he saw the dreamy smile on taehyung's face. he knew exactly who taehyung's friend was and he was determined to intervene. "can i talk to her too?" he asked innocently. 

jimin, unknowing of the rivalry between the two maknaes, nodded. "hey, i'm passing the phone to-" taehyung snatched the phone out of his hand and ran down the stage away from jimin and jungkook. 

jungkook frowned as taehyung spoke into the phone. "to me! kisa, i'm hanging up." he giggled again. anyone looking at taehyung could tell that he was practically wrapped around song kisa's finger. "alright, bye. i'll talk to you later. i promise." 

taehyung's sudden infatuation didn't go unnoticed by jungkook. after all, that was him about a year ago. if he had known what song kisa would make him feel, he wouldn't have handed her that toilet paper that night in october. however, it was too late to take it back now. he would have to earn kisa's affection again. that night that he had spent with her was gone. 

the youngest member decided to try and ignore taehyung's voice as he talked excitedly to jimin about "his friend." taehyung was supposed to be his best friend, his main supporter. but what was he supposed to do when his wingman fell for the girl too? jungkook blinked away the tears stinging his eyes at the unfortunate situation. 

as much as he thought he was being subtle, jungkook's distress didn't go unnoticed. despite the bickering the two had shown recently on camera, seokjin could never hate the youngest member or hold negative feelings against him. he had practically raised the now-adult. 

jungkook turned his head to see who had sat next to him. "hi, seokjin hyung." his voice cracked a little, though he tried to hide it. the last thing he needed was for another hyung to see him so vulnerable. he was supposed to be the strong one in the group, lifting his brothers up. "what's up?"

seokjin sighed, seeing through his brother. "what's weighing you down? you know you can't hide it from me." jungkook appreciated that seokjin had lowered his voice and put a smile on his face so it looked like a simple conversation instead of a heartfelt talk. he didn't want anyone else worrying about him before a concert. 

"hyung, do you believe in love at first sight?" jungkook him, staring into his eyes. he leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees. 

to say seokjin was surprised was an understatement. in complete honesty, he didn't know. he hadn't had a girlfriend due to his trainee life and there wasn't much opportunity to meet up with people due to their busy schedule. "do you?" he asked back. 

"i've fallen so hard that i don't know how to get up now. i knew this girl for one night and now i have a song about her. she doesn't even remember me because she got into a car accident the night i invited her to our fan meet last year in october. now, taehyung's fallen for her too. i don't know what i'm supposed to do," jungkook poured out, sighing. 

for a few seconds, seokjin stayed quiet. "tell me about her." 

not even a split second later, jungkook's burdened features brightened. a grin stretched his lips, white teeth revealing themselves. his eyes folded into a smile. seokjin's heart warmed at the young boy's transformation. "her name is song kisa..." 

and at that moment, jungkook never felt more grateful that he could talk to someone.