six

her mind had been filled with the gaps of the days surrounding october 16, 2016. now, one year had passed, and song kisa was twenty years old. it had been exactly one year since she had been driving through the streets of seoul to pick up her friend yoosung and go to-

her mind ached. 

kisa's head always ached when she tried to remember what she was doing and why she was driving yoosung there as well. was she going to a nightclub to have a late celebration of being an adult? but why would she only be with yoosung and not gayeon? no matter how much she tried to remember that day and its surrounding days, everything just faded from her mind. 

neither gayeon or yoosung would tell her what she was doing that day, worried it might give her shock or some weird reaction that might lead her to hurt self. kisa didn't really argue with this. gayeon and yoosung had been a godsend after her accident. she had gotten a new phone when she had woken up - a gift from yoosung. the only bad thing about her new phone was the strange messages she continued to receive from "thicc skewers." 

at this point, kisa had no intention of finding out who thicc skewers was. they might have been an ex-boyfriend for all she knew. the only messages she had gotten after her accident were: 

[oct. 16, 2016]
thicc skewers: where are you?
thicc skewers: i thought you said you would come...
thicc skewers: i was going to introduce you to everyone else
thicc skewers: can you believe i'm in the bathroom texting you instead of doing my job?
thicc skewers: kisa, was last night a joke?

[oct. 17, 2016]
thicc skewers: kisa? are you ignoring me?
thicc skewers: where were you yesterday? 

kisa didn't know what happened, but after that day, she had stopped receiving messages from thicc skewers. the messages held no hint to who the person was, leaving kisa clueless. she had asked gayeon and yoosung about anything she would name "thicc skewers," but they too were clueless. 

thus, song kisa was left to ponder about what she was doing on october sixteenth (despite the headaches that she received afterward) and who thicc skewers was. 

jeon jungkook felt kind of betrayed by the entire nature of his life. sure, he was finally famous. but he also had crazy fans trying to find out the color of his underwear (they were green). sure, he had nice fans. but he had no way of becoming close to those fans. sure, he had met a nice fan. but she disowned herself from him. 

song kisa never came to his fansign on october sixteenth. taehyung had asked him if she came, but he hadn't answered. taehyung dropped the subject and never talked about song kisa again. even though jungkook never talked about song kisa, she always lingered in the back of his thoughts. he could never stop thinking of why she never came and why she never answered his texts. 

jungkook wasn't sure where his feelings of discontent and brooding were coming from. he had only known song kisa for approximately four hours. yet, the only thing he could think about for months was song kisa. 

her smile, the little dimple that came out when she smiled, her bright eyes, the vanilla scent that followed her around, the two freckles adorning the corner of her left eye, the short black hair that tickled her collarbone, her short stature... he was totally enraptured by her looks and her charming personality. her dimple was evil, illegal even. 

jungkook remembered the day when he had been talking to namjoon about his problems on one of their off days. yoongi was producing songs, hoseok was writing and producing his mixtape. the rest of the members had gone out for karaoke, jungkook staying back to "take a nap." he could hardly sleep with so many things bothering him. his feet carried him to namjoon's studio, where he ended up telling him about song kisa. it was actually kind of embarrassing, now that he thought about it. 

"hyung, i don't know why i'm so caught up with her. we aren't even dating! i met her in the bathroom of a skewer shop nearby our hotel and she helped me hide from some crazy fans by buying me some clothes. but hyung, i don't know if she was human or not."

namjoon stared at him, not really knowing what to say. it was his first time seeing jungkook so frustrated about something, much less a girl. "what do you mean, human or not?" 

jungkook sighed. "she had the cutest dimples in the world." 

namjoon consciously felt his own dimple. 

"it was like they were hiding. then when she smiled, they appeared. hyung, it felt like they were evil. almost like they were illegal. hyung-" jungkook paused to stare at namjoon furiously writing down something. "hyung, what are you doing?"

namjoon looked up at him. "i'm making lyrics. go on, this is poetic." 

and for nearly two hours, jungkook helped namjoon write lyrics by describing song kisa.

now, that memory was so cheesy and cringe-worthy. jungkook almost questioned why he had said all those things. however, he trusted namjoon and trusted him to keep those words confidential. well, confidential enough to make a song out of it but without anyone knowing it was him. the song was written into their album "her" as "dimple." jungkook had no idea it would make it into their comeback album. he had only recognized it as he was recording the song with the other members of the vocal line. 

every time he listened to the song, he hoped song kisa would be able to hear the song and remember him. 

jeon jungkook vowed to never forget song kisa. 

he never did. 

//

wow an unclear time skip and drama? 
i almost hate myself as much as you hate me 
happy first 2018 update

- janice xoxo