Intro

Sequel to I Don't Even Know Your Name

•••

What If I told you a story? All about someone who loves you. What if I told you he's sorry he made you wait. What if I told you he's dying cause he can't change history. And what if I told you that someone was me?

•••

"Jaime I told you nothing happened while we were away in Europe." I told her as we walked down the street.

There was the little cute fresh farm market going on. I loved coming here when it came around because everything was fresh and organic. That and it was cheap so it was better than actually going to a market. The cold was finally subsiding in Brooklyn, New York.

So no more wearing layers of shirts, I could finally wear shorts as well. So it wasn't cold but also not really hot so perfect weather. Especially to come walking and pick out food and just hangout.

I had been back in Brooklyn for two months now. Nothing had happened between Shawn and I in San Francisco. I didn't know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. Well I mean good because we're still best friends to this day, bad because that's all we'll ever be.

But it wasn't my decision, it was his. I wasn't about to go and ruin a great friendship. And with the way Shawn smiled and acted around Camila I could tell he liked her. And maybe she liked him as well, I didn't want to come between that.

Shawn is an adult and can love or hangout with anyone he chooses. I had no say in it, especially if it's Camila. She was my friend too, and she knew Shawn longer than I did. God only knows how they talk and maybe even flirt.

"Mmhmm, you two alone in some of the most romantic places in the world and nothing happened? Not even a hot make-out session in the hotel room?" Jaime asked as we checked out the fruit.

"No Jaime nothing happened. No kiss, no make out sessions, no feelings." I told her.

We walked along the grass which felt weird against the sides of my feet. I mean considering I was wearing sandals it was obvious I was going to get pricked by the grass.

"Wait I didn't talk about feelings, oh my god. You like him, like more than a fan has a crush on her idol. But like a girl and her guy best friend." She said.

"I am a girl and he is my guy best friend so I don't see what you're getting at." I told her.

"What I'm getting at is that you really like Shawn. Maybe even love." She told me as I grabbed fruit for my house.

I rolled my eyes, "Uh duh I have been supporting him for about four years now. I think Id know if I love him to have so much of my time on him."

"Avelyn I'm being serious, it's not the love you have for him or seeing him grow or supporting him. It's the love you have when your heart beats fast and slow when you are around them. Do you or do you not have real person to person feelings with Shawn?" Jaime asked me.

We had stopped and stood under the gazebo. I looked around at all the families and friends who came to this market. I also looked at the people who were together, all the variety of beautiful couples. I sighed knowing I wanted that, to have someone to do these things with. I mean besides coming with my best friend of three years.

I sighed, "I don't know, maybe I do."

"Ahhh really? Oh my god imagine you two, fucking power couple. Wow that's incredible, I'm still being your maid of honor at your guys wedding right?" Jaime asked acting a little too excited.

I rolled my eyes, "Jaime we are one not getting married and two we aren't even a couple. But no matter who I'm getting married to then yes you'll be my maid of honor."

"Not yet, you two aren't a couple yet." She said.

I rolled my eyes before I got a text, I pulled my phone from my pocket. I unlocked my phone and smiled.

"Oh god I know that smile." I heard Jaime say.

From Shawn🍁:
Hey I'm in New York for a interview, I was hoping we could meet up. Your place? x

To Shawn🍁:
Of course I'll see you soon loser😜

"I have to pay for this and then I have to go." I told Jaime as we walked to pay for my groceries.

"Ugh you know I'm going to start charging him for stealing you away from me." Jaime complained.

I paid for everything and one of the workers gave me a basket to take them in. We then walked back to my apartment where her car was parked. When we turned the corner and seen our cars and my apartment a black Jeep turn in.

I felt my heart beat fast and slow at the same time. Was it even possible? God I hate Jaime for putting thoughts in my head and making this worse. He parked the Jeep and then got out, I then felt Jaime grab the basket from me.

I gave her a confused look, "Oh go, I'll take these up so you don't drop them."

I smiled at her before fast walking towards Shawn. He looked really good, then again he always did it was annoying. He wore black jeans, a white T-shirt and black ray bands, then with the way his hair looked with its fluffy curls.

Once I got closer he outstretched his arms and I ran over and jumped in his arms. He caught me as I threw my arms around his neck as my legs wrapped around his waist. He held me tight making sure I didn't fall but he did stumble back a bit.

"Oh my god I missed you so much." I told him.

He chuckled, "And I missed your hugs, did I ever tell you that you give the best hugs?"

"Nope this is all new to me." I said as he set me down.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "Well you do and I missed you more. We have a lot to talk about."

Oh yes we do.

Authors Note//
Lmao how dare some of you think I actually ended Avelyn and Shawn's story.
But for the sake of the little snippet of WIITYAS I had to end things the way I did with IDEKYN
So yes I'm back with another story because I hate myself.
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚