1. New

"Things changed, it's all new."

•••

Avelyn

Jaime had left Shawn and I alone in my apartment not like we were going to do anything. I had put away the groceries as Shawn sat down on the barstool.

"So Ave how've you been? I know the past two months have been hectic when it came to me texting. I've just been busy." Shawn said as I finished up putting away the fruit and vegetables.

I shook my head, "Don't sweat it I get it, someone's got to take over the music world."

"No but seriously what's new?" He asked.

I handed Shawn a water bottle as we walked over to my couch. We sat down facing each other which I missed, sitting down with him and just being close.

"So what's been going on? Any new videos?" Shawn asked.

I sat up, "Well I did just hit two million subscribers!"

He had a big smile, "No way! Congrats Ave, that's amazing."

"Yeah I know I wanted to call you and tell you first but time differences and everything." I told him.

He nodded, "Yeah I'm sorry I couldn't be there the moment it happened."

"No worries, but tell me how was Germany?" I asked.

He smiled, "Great I had a lot of fun, the little pop up show was cool. Got to see a few fans I remembered and a bunch of new ones."

It made me so happy to know he was traveling. Also that more and more fans were getting to meet him. I loved it when he meets fans because I remember always wanting to meet him.

"Is that all that happened?" I asked.

"Yeah I was there and did the show before going back home. I was stuck in the studio and recording SM3." He told me.

I laughed, "I find it cute that you started calling it SM3 because your fans were calling it that."

"My fans are my inspiration for a lot of things. Also they're crazy talented, sometimes more than me." He told me.

That made me so happy to hear him say that. To know that he always notices his fans and how artistic they are. It also made me happy to know they are his muse.

"Duh, they are more talented than you." I told him.

He rolled his eyes, "Were you trying to hurt me with that statement?"

"Nope just spreading awareness to you that your fans are way more talented than you." I said with a smirk.

Just then his phone buzzed in his pocket causing him to take it out. He did so as I took a drink of my water. I noticed him smiling at his phone the whole time.

"So who's that?" I asked.

He shook his head before locking his phone, "Uh its kind of what I wanted to talk to you about."

I started to feel a little scared, I then started to think about anything I said wrong. But the way he looked and the way he talked I'm sure it was nothing bad. But still something about the way he said that made me feel uneasy.

"Okay what about?" I asked.

He sat up a little straighter, "I um...I was thinking about asking out Camila."

When I heard him say that I knew it was coming. I mean knowing Shawn and Camila's friendship since their song and how much they support each other. Then with what happened in San Francisco and how they acted around each other even I knew there was something.

Though hearing him admit it to me it made it all real. I felt a lump of jealousy form in my throat. I felt kind of sad but then repeated to myself 'you're his best friend not girlfriend'. I wasn't allowed to feel jealous or have a say in who he can or can't date.

"Oh wow I would say I'm shocked but I'm not." I played it off.

He looked shocked, "Really? Was it really that obvious?"

"Oh Shawn I'm sure a lot of your fans must know as well. But yes I knew you always had feelings for Camila." I told him.

He sat back and smiled, "God I must look like a lovesick fool don't I?"

"Uh not really I'm sure she doesn't know. Most people who like each other can notice when others like each other but will never notice when they and the person they like do. They're blind and run in circles." I told him.

He nodded his head, "Yeah I just need your help going forward with that."

"Oh so you want me to help you and Camila get together?" I asked him.

He put his hands together and pleaded, "Please Avelyn, you're both of our friends. I mean you can ask her stuff about me and help me out. Please?"

I didn't want to, I wished more than anything to tell him no. That I was too uncomfortable trying to set two of my friends up when I might like one a lot. I mean could you imagine? Liking someone more than friends and then having to set them up with one of your girl friends?

But I was also Shawn's best friend, I knew what I was getting myself into. Camila herself asked me if I was prepared for what was going to happen. If I was ready to be Shawn's best friend and see him end up with other girls.

"Yeah I guess I can help you out." I told him.

He smiled before leaning over and enveloping me in a hug. He then let go of me but held my hands in his.

"Thank you so much Avelyn and I promise you that I will forever be in debt. I swear no matter what you want I'll do it." He promised me.

I smiled, "I'll remember that and hold it against you Mendes. You'll regret it eventually."

"Never, I haven't regretted meeting you so I won't regret this." He told me with that charming smile of his.

The one that I love seeing, the one I hope never falls from his face. The one that illuminates the room every time he smiles. Yes pun intended. But knowing Shawn now and how much we grew as friends, with me even more. But when I see that smile and felt his hands in mine I felt my heart beat quicken.

My stomach was flipping while butterflies invaded it. Though now knowing how he felt about Camila I wasn't so sure anymore. I couldn't exactly get rid of my feelings for him but I had to push them away. Even if that means I will push my happiness away just for Shawn's.

"You sure have a way with words Mendes, it won't take long for Camila to fall for them. Trust me you're already a pro." I told him.

He chuckled, "You think?"

I nodded my head, "Yup."

Yeah I did know because I was falling for them.

Authors Note//
This story is going to be the death of me
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚