4. Date

"It's a date."

•••

Avelyn

After Charlie and I talked at lunch we decided to go our separate ways and get ready. Yeah Charlie and I were going on a date, I wasn't so sure how I felt. I mean I wanted to go on the date but I was nervous. I hadn't been out on a date in a while so this was nerve wracking.

When I got back to my apartment I quickly hopped into the shower. I made sure I was nice and smooth and my hair smelled like lavender. Once I was done I wrapped a towel around myself before walking to my closet.

I was about to start rummaging through my clothes looking for something to wear before I heard my phone ring. I looked around and walked back out to my living room. I took my phone out of my purse before looking to see who it was. I then answered it before heading back to my room.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Guess who called?" I heard Shawn ask me.

I felt a sinking in my stomach but then remembered I was about to go on a date. A date with Charlie, someone who actually liked me back. So I shook the thoughts away and forgot about how I felt for Shawn.

"Uh let me guess the queen of England?" I joked.

"Ha Ha you're so funny Avelyn." I heard him say and I could practically see him rolling his eyes.

"I try." I say as I pulled out this cute blue top.

"Camila called, she said that in a few weeks she'll travel up to Canada." He told me.

Ugh just when I thought that I could actually just push my feelings for him away. That it would be no big deal and I could actually hear him be happy and talk about how happy he was. Like oh yeah it was no big deal, nope. I wish it was that easy, truth was I wanted Shawn to be happy.

That's something any of us would've wanted. But it's hard when you have more than friend feelings for him. Just to see him be happy with someone else. I was just going to have to suck it up and move on.

"Wow that sounds amazing, glad to have helped you two out." I said trying to sound as happy as I could.

"Yeah couldn't have done it without you." He told me but he didn't sound so happy.

I couldn't even pinpoint what exactly he sounded like. He didn't sound so thrilled which was weird I mean shouldn't he be? I shook it off and pulled out a pair of ripped jeans.

"Yeah well you're welcome." I told him.

"So why are you up to? Sorry I keep talking about myself and Camila." He apologized.

I then grabbed my underclothes before getting changed and putting him on speaker.

"I am going on a date." I told him.

If he could be open with me on his feelings with Camila. Then I could be open to telling him about my date. I mean it was only fair.

"Oh uh yeah? With who?" Shawn asked.

I put on my clothes before looking at my mirror, "Charlie."