18. The video

"Just answering everyone's question."

•••

Avelyn

"And here I thought I was coming over so we could go out for lunch." Shawn complained.

He had just got to my new apartment in Toronto. Like I said before I wasn't moving near him, I promised that to Charlie. I was a good thirty minutes away from where he was but still loved being here. I had only been here for a week, meaning fully moved in.

Charlie still hadn't came up to visit and check out my new apartment. But it was okay because Jaime, Shawn, and Matt helped me set it up. Shawn also insisted I threw a new home party but I wasn't so sure about it. It was a little too soon and I wanted to save up a little more before hosting a party.

But today I had texted Shawn earlier telling him to come over so we could go out for lunch. I mean we still were but I needed to film a video before because it involved Shawn. It was the video every fan has either commented for or has dmed me for.

"Shawn people want to know and trust me I've held off this video for a long time." I told him.

He sat down on my couch, "Why? Like why'd you put it off?"

I walked over and sat down next to him, "I don't know I guess because I've been scared. Even though so many people know already, it still scares me. To know what people will say and the hate, even if I know exactly what they're going to say."

"Avelyn who cares what they say? My fans are going to be the ones who are nice. Even if they don't like the idea of your or have whatever reason it is to hate you they'll be quiet. They all don't have to like you but they're also not going to be the ones to send you hate. If that made any sense. I love my fans a lot, but even I know some are a handful and say some dumb shit. But this is your channel, your story. You have every right to tell whoever you want if you want." He explained to me.

"I know, I just...I don't like causing problems. I don't like disappointing people or being the one to cause unhappiness. I guess it's just the thought of wanting to be liked but even I know that it's going to be impossible when friends or even dating famous people." I told him.

The thing about being friends with Shawn that I love is how honest I could be. I'm not scared to tell him how I feel or when I need to talk. He's a good listener and he also has a way with words. He knows how to make you feel comfortable and make you smile, I realized that the moment I met him.

"Avelyn Winter you have absolutely nothing to be worried about. Nothing to be scared about when it comes to how people think of you. Because at the end of the day you have people who love you. Don't worry okay? I'll do this video with you if it makes you feel better." Shawn assured me.

I smiled, "God Shawn Mendes how did I get so lucky to get to be best friends with you? I really don't deserve you."

"You're right, you don't. You don't deserve anything because it's not enough. You deserve so much more but the world will never be enough. No one is enough." He told me with that million dollar smile.

I shook my head, "You're so cheesy."

"Okay lets get this video done because I'm starving." He said.