40. Nineteen

"Birthday surprises."

•••

Avelyn

I woke up to the feeling of warm lips on my forehead and then on my lips. I opened my eyes and looked to find Shawn. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion one as to how he got in my house. Then two what was he was doing here so early.

"What are you doing here?" I asked looking around.

I seen my clock and it read eight in the morning. It wasn't that early but it was early to me.

"It's your birthday, and I brought you breakfast. Happy 19th beautiful." Shawn said before pecking my lips.

I smiled as I sat up and he sat by my legs with a coffee in one hand and Timbits in the other.

"And here I thought you made me breakfast." I joked.

He chuckled, "Hey I'll be glad to take this home if you don't want them."

"No I want them." I told him.

After we ate we sat on my bed for a little bit.

"Are you sure you wanted to stay in today?" Shawn asked breaking our silence.

I looked over at him as we lay on my bed looking at each other. It was a comfortable silence which is why I was nodding off.

"What?" I asked as I snuggled deeper into my pillow.

"Do you still want to stay in and watch movies and just spend your birthday just us two?" He asked making it clear to what he was referring to.

I sighed before sitting up, "Shawn I just turned 19 there's nothing big about that. I don't mind if we stay in."

"Hey you were born 19 years today, any birthday whether it's 19 or 21 or even 80." Shawn told me trying to make me feel special.

I looked over at him and had a smirk, "Are you implying we're still going to be with each other in two years let alone till I'm 80?" I joked.

His cheeks got all rosy with embarrassment, "If you'll allow me to I mean we don't have to rush and just see where this goes maybe-"

"Shawn! It was a joke, I was messing with you. So lover boy what did you have in mind?" I asked as I sat up.

He had a cheesy smile, "If you want to stay in we can but I also have a surprise plan but it will be cancelled if you say the word."

"Hmmm stay in or see what sneaky surprise you have up your sleeve. I say second choice! I mean it is halloween anyways." I told him.

"Great because I brought over something for you in hope that you would say that. It's in the living room but don't open it till I leave." Shawn said as he quickly got off my bed.

I sat up and gave him a crazy confused look, "What? Why?"

"It's a surprise okay? I'll come by to pick you up in two hours. Hope that's enough time. Okay? I'll see you soon, love you." Shawn told me before he leaned over and kissed my forehead.