16. Worried

"There's nothing to be worried about I promise."

•••

Avelyn

After Jaime and I looked for apartments in Toronto we decided to plan to go next week. Even though I was really excited to go and start apartment hunting I still had to tell one person. Charlie.

I invited him over to my apartment because it wasn't something I wanted to text him about. I wanted to tell him in person because that's just who I am. I want to be able to talk to someone in person, I honestly have no idea how he's even going to react.

I finished cleaning my apartment when I heard a knock on my door. I took a deep breath before walking over to open it. How was I even going to tell him? I opened the door and seen him standing there with a smile on his face.

"Hey you." Charlie said as he walked in and embraced me in a hug.

"Hi." I said as I hugged him back.

We then pulled apart and we walked to my couch after I closed the door. I sat down next to him and didn't really want to beat around the bush or wait to tell him.

"So what's up? I wasn't expecting you to call and ask me to come over." He said breaking the silence.

I laughed, "Maybe I just wanted to see my boyfriend, is that a crime?"

He shook his head, "Not at all but is there really something wrong or you just wanted to hangout?"

I figured this was a perfect opportunity to tell him. I turned in my seat so that I was facing him.

"I want to hangout with you but yes I do have to tell you something." I told him.

He looked a little uneasy which caused me to speak up again, "Don't worry it's nothing bad, at least I don't think it's bad."

He nodded, "Okay so what's up?"

"I plan to move." I told him.

"Oh yeah? Like apartments? City? Or state?" Charlie asked.

"Uh country?" I said in a way that sounded like a question.

His eyebrows pulled together, "A country? Which one?"

"Um...Canada." I whispered.

I was completely scared to tell him, not because I was scared of him. I was scared of the things he'd think. It was risky telling him especially with how things went down in California. People would think I'm crazy, like you just almost broke up because of one person and now you want to move closer to them?

But you see it's not for Shawn, it has nothing to do with my past feelings for him. I'm doing this because I fell in love with the city. I have moved so many times in my life that this is such a easy decision to just move. I really want to explore and have yet another point of view of another part of the world.

It's not like I was looking at apartments near him. I wasn't purposefully trying to get close to him or be weird or some stalker. I didn't mind if we were on opposite sides of the city, this was for me and me only.