5. Mess

"This was a big mess from the start."

•••

Shawn

When I went to New York to visit Avelyn after not seeing her since San Francisco it was overwhelming. I mean to see her after a while and her still looking stunning? It's like every time I seen her after a while it's like she got more gorgeous than before.

It was crazy, I was crazy. I mean I really liked Avelyn, but the way things were? I didn't want to ruin that and what we had. She said when we met that she only ever wanted to be my best friend. That she didn't want to be like all the other fans, it's why I was interested in her.

I liked her cause she was different and herself. But with each day that passed, each month, and every time we seen each other. With every text or FaceTime call, I fell for her more and more.

Though I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if I could keep my feelings for her hidden. I wanted to ask her but I was scared to, scared to know she didn't like me. To know my feelings for her could end our friendship and we would never be the same.

So I did something, something which could've possibly been a big mistake. But when you have deep feelings for someone I guess you do foolish things. Stupid things that you'll either regret or love.

From Avelyn🙈:
Got good news! I have a feeling you'll be getting a text or call from Camila soon.

When I got that texts I wasn't sure what to feel. I had to act quick because I didn't want anything to seem too suspicious.

To Avelyn🙈:
Really? Wow okay uh I am suddenly really nervous. Thank you so much Avelyn!

I lied. Why was this such a big deal? Maybe because I didn't actually like Camila. As if me liking Avelyn wasn't obvious to Camila.

I stood up and paced my condo, I grabbed my phone and dialed Camila's number. I ran my fingers through my hair not knowing of what to do next. Shit, that's what this plan was going. To absolute shit.

"Hello?" She picked up.

"Camila it's Shawn, what happened?" I asked.

She sighed, "Exactly like you asked Shawn, she told me you liked me and well she was Avelyn."

"So she didn't seem off to you when she told you? Or when she seen you happy?" I asked.

"No at least I don't think so, Shawn this plan is literally the stupidest thing ever. Why didn't you use this fake plan with me? Like why didn't you ask me to talk to her?" She asked.

Camila said as if I hadn't already thought of that. I did, but again I feel like she'd know and what if she told Camila she didn't feel that way for me? Avelyn isn't dumb she knows Camila and I are good friends she would've figured out that she was asking for me.

Then if she told Camila no, she'd know that I asked her to ask. Then she would confront me and things would again be awkward. I didn't want that, is my plan the best? No.

Was it the smartest? Definitely not. But my main thought wasn't to use Avelyn. It was to see if me liking Camila or at least telling her I did would change her attitude. Would she get jealous? Lie to Camila and not tell her I was interested? Say no to helping me?