9. Confront

"You don't get to walk away and leave me guessing."

•••

Avelyn

It was already five in the afternoon and we had been walking around Coachella. The minutes ticked down till Shawn was going to perform. If luck had it we would've bumped into him within the last few hours or walking.

But unfortunately we hadn't, the whole time everyone was having good time. Though I couldn't because of a certain annoyingly weird acting loser was on my mind. I kept thinking of what I would say to him when I do see him.

Like 'hey thanks for ignoring me for the past few weeks. Especially after you left your fans group chat and left me on read!'. I want to know why he acted the way he did. Why he hasn't talked to me since or even try to say sorry.

I wasn't someone who liked to be weak or cry or show people when I'm hurting. I don't ask for help or make myself the center of attention. And I feel like I am being so dramatic and thinking way too into it but it hurt. It hurt when I seen him leave the group chat. It hurt when he left me on read and just the fact that he hasn't talked to me in so long.

It's stupid to feel this way and let it get to me. But friends met a lot to me, I am a selfless caring person. I hate to make people upset or hate the feeling of disappointing someone. I care about people too much that sometimes I don't know whether it's a good or bad trait to have.

So this? What Shawn was doing, acting weird and not telling me but allowing myself to overthink it. It's killing me on the inside because there's a part of me that's saying it's my fault. That I did something and the worst part about that is I have no idea what I did. No idea how to fix it.

"Hey you okay?" Jaime asked me bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked over at her and nodded, "Yup never been better." I lied.

We were walking to go to the stage where Shawn would be performing in two hours. It was just Jaime, Lauren, Alex, and I that were here. The other vloggers were else where.

"No way, my eyes must be playing tricks on me. I know that's not Avelyn Winter." I heard a familiar voice say.

I turn around and seen Matt, Brian, and Ian. I smiled widely at the three goofballs, I was happy to see them. At least they were happy to see me, I highly doubt Shawn would be.

"Hi guys." I said as I walked over towards them.

I gave them all big hugs and they reciprocated the pressure of the hug. We pulled apart and everyone else said hi.

"Hey you should go back with us, I'm sure Shawn would love to see you. We had no idea you'd be here." Ian told me.

"Yeah I'll stay here with Jaime and you can take my pass." Matt offered.

I looked over at her and she smiled, "Go ahead I'll be waiting right here."

"Okay." I told them.

Matt then handed me the backstage pass and I put it on. I then walked with Brian and Ian as they led the way to the back of the stage. We were checked at security but after they used the metal detectors just to make sure we didn't have any weapons we were let through.