11. Sing

"Sing for me."

•••

Avelyn

Coachella ended and I spent a lot of time with Shawn and his team. Everyone else had left back to LA and Jaime decided to head back to New York. I was supposed to go with her because of our round trip but Shawn offered to buy my ticket to New York at a later date.

He really wanted to make sure he made it up to me. Him and his team were staying in a beach house in Santa Monica. I was glad I packed a few extra clothes, I'd need to wash my clothes though. I wasn't expecting to stay longer than I needed to be.

Thanks to everyone not minding if I tagged along I had my own room. It was next to Shawn's but it caused Brian to sleep down on the couch. I felt bad and had insisted that I sleep on the couch. But them being too nice they wouldn't allow me to. That and if Brian didn't volunteer I knew Shawn would gladly sleep on the beach if he could.

After we had breakfast we decided on just staying on the beach by the house. I wanted to go to the pier but I know we couldn't especially with Shawn. The pier is always packed just as it is, I couldn't imagine what it would look like if people caught wind that he was there.

It sucks he can't go anywhere or do regular things without needing protection. Because if he didn't he'd get mobbed and people wouldn't give him space. I wonder if it ever bothered him to the point where he wished he was never famous. I'm sure it's probably crossed his mind for like .2 seconds but he must've thought about all the positive and good outcomes.

I walked back up to my room after we all decided to stay. I closed the door behind myself and looked through my clothes. I decided on wearing some high waisted shorts and a white halter crop top. I let my hair down in curls before grabbing my straw fedora hat.

I slipped on my brown sandals, once I was done I put on my perfume and grabbed a towel. I then walked out of the room and downstairs to join the rest of the guys. They were already outside, it makes sense all they did was put on swimming trunks.

I walked out and joined them all, there was a volleyball net up. It reminded me of Thailand and my birthday. The guys were all enjoying themselves and I decided to just lay back. I set my towel down on the lounge chair and enjoyed the sun.

I loved this weather, when there was a cool breeze but you laid in the warm sun. So it was cool but warm if that made sense. I looked over at the guys and seen Shawn talking to a few fans that were walking by. They are so cute and how happy they looked because they met him.

I then felt a buzz in my pocket, I grabbed it from my pocket and looked at it. It was a text from Charlie.

From Charlie💚:
Hey love are you back in New York?

I sighed now feeling horrible for not going back with Jaime. Though I also knew Charlie was just checking up on me. He was still going to be busy at the studio.

To Charlie💚:
Hey, uh no decided to stay in California a little longer.

It wasn't long till I got a response.

From Charlie💚:
Are you with Shawn?

I knew he must feel suspicious or uneasy. Especially from how thanksgiving last year went and him knowing I felt something for Shawn. I realized how he must feel, hell if I was him I'd feel that way too. But if Charlie and I were going to work he would need to trust me. And accept that Shawn's my best friend as well.