3. Talk

"Familiar faces in the city."

•••

Avelyn

When Shawn left back home I felt sad, like I was missing a piece of me. Stupid to feel that way but I do, Shawn wasn't my idol. He wasn't someone famous I knew, he was one of my best friends. Someone I could spend hours with whether were out and about or doing nothing at all.

I missed him like I would any of my friends. Like when I left on tour I missed Jaime so much. And now it's the same way except Shawn's home and Jaime is here, home with me. I wouldn't even know when the next time I'd see him. There's just a lot of award shows or youtuber events to go to.

Like I was invited to attend the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards by fellow youtubers. I was going to have to go to LA since that's where they're held so I wouldn't be in town. Then there's a few other events that week so I wasn't going to be home till god knows when.

I was brought out of my thoughts from the sound of my phone ringing. I looked around and set down my laptop where I was uploading a vlog from yesterday. I picked up my phone and answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi girlie I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch together before I leave." I heard Camila's voice from the other end say.

I looked at the time and had seen it was already two in the afternoon. I looked down at what I was wearing and realized I didn't need to change.

"Uh yeah I don't mind, do you want to meet at Sunny's?" I asked.

I got up and went to my room to grab my bag and shoes. I slipped on my shoes before grabbing my keys then walked out of my apartment. I walked down the stairs to my car.

"Perfect see you then!" She said happily.

As I got in and hung up the phone I started to think of what Shawn asked. He asked me to ask Camila about him and see if anything is there. I was scared to I mean did I really want to sit there and hear how much she liked him? How much they both felt for each other and knowing I felt something for him too but it didn't matter?

It's not like I had a choice, I told Shawn I would talk to her. I let a deep breath out and turned on the car before I heard a ding from my phone.

From Shawn🍁:
Hey Ave, seen Camila is in New York. Have you guys talked yet? If not it's alright.

Ugh it's like he had a sixth sense, just to think I wasn't going to bring him up. Now it was inevitable.

To Shawn🍁:
We'll see loser

From Shawn🍁:
Hope I've told you I love you because you're literally the best! I swear I owe you big time

I smiled at reading his words, god I'm literally on my way to ask his crush what she thinks of him. And he's texting asking if I've talked to her about him yet. Then there's me smiling and feeling happy just cause he said he loved me and that I was the best.

I rolled my eyes at how stupid I was, I was not the type of girl to chase boys. I am an independent girl who doesn't need a guy in my life. I can survive without one and don't need to waste my time on someone who doesn't like me.