33. Flu

"I hate being sick."

•••

Avelyn

With fall setting in the temperature started to drop and with that came my horrible allergies. It was a week filled with a stuffy nose and itchy eyes and throat. I hate when I have allergies because my eyes irritate me so much, then it's no fun when I wake up the next day with puffy eyes.

Then when I had finally got over my allergies the flu came up and kicked me when I was down. I had just got over one thing just to get another. I was supposed to get the flu shot but I had been so busy that I forgot. This is what I get for that I guess.

So now I was home in bed watching Friends with a bunch of tissues around me. I probably looked red from my eyes and nose, as well as a empty bottle of medicine on my bedside table. My nose was so stuffy I felt like I couldn't even breathe, my eyes felt sore from all the rubbing I did when they were itchy and watery.

I was watching the episode where Phoebe finds her real mother. I loved watching Friends, it was another show I could watch over and over and it not get old. My body was so sore I couldn't even laugh without my body aching.

My phone then started to ring, I looked at it and didn't feel like answering. I just didn't want to talk to anyone because I felt like shit. I sighed before I turned to grab it off of my bedside table.

"Hello?" I asked when I answered.

"Someone doesn't sound too well." Shawn said.

I smiled when I heard his voice, "I don't feel too well either, I think I'm dying."

"No need to be dramatic now, it's just a like flu." He said with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes, "Hey you say that now but I bet if you were sick you would think the same thing."

"Okay so how are you doing? What have you been up to?" He asked me.

I sighed, "Much better now that I'm talking to you. Though my body aches, I can't breathe from my nose, I also have a headache, and I am pretty sure I'm running a fever."

"I'm so sorry I'm not there to take care of you. I didn't even realize how many events happened this month." Shawn apologized.

That caused me to laugh, "Why are you sorry? You're not the one who got me sick, besides I know you're busy."

"I know it just sounds like you're not feeling all that well and I wish I could help." Shawn said sounding a little hopeless.

That warmed my heart, "Shawn just continue killing it on stage and doing interviews, promotions, and meeting fans. That's how you'll help me get better."

"God I don't deserve you at all Avelyn. You have no idea how much that means to me." He told me and I just just picture his smile.

"Same goes to you." I told him.

I then heard a knock on my door, I groaned at needing to get up.

"That better not be you because I'm not opening the door." I said which caused him to laugh.

"I actually don't even know what you're talking about cause I'm not home." He told me.