12. Jealous

"This was unexpected."

•••

Avelyn

I woke up the next day in the bed I was staying in. I sat up so confused and rolled over to grab my phone. And I grabbed it off the night stand and it read 7:18 am. I set it down before getting up and going to the attached bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and expected to see my face with makeup. All I had remembered was being by the fire and everyone singing and joking around. I do remember feeling tired and I must've fell asleep right there.

Though I ended up in my bed and my makeup is not even on my face. Well it was still faintly evident on my face. I had never been so confused, I decided to wash my face right and get off all the remaining residue of makeup off my face.

Once I was done I decided to take a quick shower to get rid of the smell of smoke from myself. Once I was done I changed into some blue and white plaid pajama bottoms and a white tank top. I then grabbed my phone and walked out of my room.

I smelled breakfast cooking which was followed by chatter. Sounds like everyone was all up and I was the last. I walked down and I was thankful I didn't actually get dressed in what I was going to wear today because everyone was still in their pajamas. Everyone was barley grabbing their food as I walked over to the kitchen.

"Good morning Avelyn." Everyone said with smiles.

"Morning everyone." I said as I walked towards the line which everyone was in.

It was like a buffet line, I stood right behind the jolly green giant.

"How'd you sleep last night?" I asked him.

He looked over at me with that smile of his, "Good what about you?"

"Um really well, even though I have no idea as to how I got in bed. Last thing I remembered was sleeping by the fire." I told him.

He chuckled as we moved down the line, "Well everyone was heading to bed and we all thought it would be very cruel to leave you outside to be a feast to the mosquitoes. So I took you upstairs to your bed."

The way he said it was as if it was no big deal. Like oh yeah I just carried you all the way upstairs and to your room like fucking Prince Charming. But yeah it was no big deal.

"Oh well then you wouldn't happen to know what happened to the makeup I was wearing do you?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah I took it off with one of those makeup remover wipes you had in your bathroom. See I did learn something from when we did that video with your makeup. I figured it must feel gross to sleep with it on so I helped you out."

We then walked outside instead of where everyone else was. The cool wind blowing filling the air with the salt from the sea.

"Really? Aww Shawn that was so sweet." I told him as we sat down.

He gave me that million dollar smile and shrugged, "Eh it was nothing Avelyn. But I'm glad to know you appreciated it."

We then ate in silence listening to the waves hit the sand. It was nice even if we didn't talk, it was a comfortable silence. When we were done we headed inside where everyone was done and cleaning up. I was so full I couldn't breathe, I actually didn't know how I was.