Chapter 29. The princess

Unknown POV

I had been asking everywhere, and tried each way to locate my family.
I had been striving through London when I felt a presence. The presence of my son's youngling. 

I let my instincts carry me outside London to Grimmauld Place 12. I saw that the house was under a disguising charm, but I had been so tight with the family that it made no difference for me.
I stepped up the stairs and pressed the button. What I heard, I had never thought. 

The snake sound surprised me, and I needed to think back, years back.
My son's husband often said words in parseltounge, and I hoped I remembered the word for 'open'. I took a deep breath. 

"Sheesh". 

'Klick'. The door opened and I entered.
It looked no different than the last time I was here. The same vases and paintings, the same walls. 

"Hello?" I asked and wanted to enter the kitchen, when a wand was pressed against my throat.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?!" The young man stood on the stairs, his brown hair flying in his face. He wore a too big sweater and pants that didn't fit him. "

"Neville, what is going on?" I heard another voice, that sparked something in me.
"Nothing Harry, stay upstairs." the boy in front of me said and gave me a hateful look. 

"Neville, as in Neville Longbottom?" I asked surprised with my hands in the air. "That isn't important now. Tell me your name and why you are here!" The boy had some fire, but when he was who I thought he was he would need it. I took a deep breath and said: 

"My name is Eileen Prince. I am here to check up on my grandson, Harry." 

Neville looked dumbfounded at me and retreated his wand.
"Harry, can you come please?" He called upstairs while I gave him a smirk. "Please, let's go into the living room."
He guided me to a sofa and I sat myself down, while he sat on the loveseat. I heard footsteps on the ground, coming in our direction. 

"Neville, you called?" Another young male stood there. Black hair, green eyes, wearing a dirty dress.
He looked a lot like me, when I had been younger. "Hello, Harry." I greeted the boy who hadn't noticed me. His eyes grew wide when he saw me, and he didn't move. 

"Come here Harry, I don't bite. I felt you were in danger and came to check on you." When Neville heard that we made Harry sit next to him.
"You didn't report that to the Veela council, did you?" he asked worriedly. "No, I didn't, they are occupied with other stuff. And how would I look, the head of the Prince family wasn't able to protect her young!" I told him and patted the pillow next to me, seeing that dust fell from it. 

"I am sorry, I didn't have time to clean the house." Harry said in a small voice. Why was the boy scared of me?
Maybe because I was a stranger to him. "That's no problem. I contacted your parents. They are safe, they put out an elite to hunt down Dumbledore, his little horcrux-hunting trio and the ones that attacked the mansion. They won't be able to come here, Veela law problems. But that's why I am here."

The two of them nodded, but didn't know what to do. 

"Then boys, tell grandma what's going on. How is your courting going?" Harry folded his hands in his lap and looked directly ad me.
"I only have 4 suitors left. The rest either resigned from the courting or didn't send me any help." I nodded and took a cup of tea Neville brought us. "So, you will be finished soon?" Harry nodded when his stomach rumbled. 

"You didn't eat today, did you?" I asked and went into the kitchen, feeling the guilty looks of the boys. First food, and then I am going to clean this place.
I wasn't a grandma for nothing!

A/N: I know the chapter is short, but I will update again tomorrow to compensate! 

MeineKeime