Chapter 33. Meeting the family

Harry POV

That was a hard day!
First visiting Dumbleduck's duck club, then meeting all the families of my last suitors took a strain on me. 

Jackson's and Olliver's families were okay, even when Jackson's was a little bit old fashioned.
Sadly, Joe's family was horrible. He hadn't even bothered to invite his own father because he didn't feel like it, and the rest of his relatives were the most uncivilized pack that I had ever seen. 

I hoped Draco's family would act normal, and not as 'perfect' as the ones before.
Draco had invited me to his estate in France, and I was happy that it had started to get warmer there. I loved wearing dresses with short sleeves, like today. I was wearing a black dress with white dots in the middle, and I had pinned my hair up in a casual up-do. 

Neville was in front of me, knocking on the door

The door was opened by Draco, as always. His hair was a bit dishevelled, and made him look even sexier. 

"Harry, Neville, please come in!" He said, inviting us in. His family was in the living room, all on the ground, playing board games.
"We have a come-together at least once every two months. We normally play games, or have group discussions, and if we really don't know what to do, we watch a film together. A wizard one, of course." Draco explained, and that was when his family noticed us. 

His mother jumped up and hugged me out of nowhere. "Oh, it's so nice to meet you, Harry! I am Narcissa, your hopefully soon-to-be- mother-in-law." She introduced herself.
Then she led us over to the rest of the group and made me sit down, Draco behind me and Neville on my left. 

"This is Lucius, my husband." she said and gestured to Draco's father. Next to him sat his brother, Canopus with his wife Lisa. They didn't have children, but they were planning to adopt.
Next to the pair sat Medusa Malfoy, Lucius's mother.
His father had sadly died some years ago, dragon pox. 

A woman with brown hair gave me her hand. "Hello, I am Druella Rosier, and this is my husband, Cygnus Black." I also shook his hand.
He seemed to be a calm man, but he mustered me up and down. He was a shadow mage after all, so it was no wonder he was wary of me.
Shadow mages were planners, so he needed to analyse me. 

"This is my other daughter, Bellatrix. I guess you two know each other already?" She said, gesturing to the curly-haired witch.
She was definitely coming after her father, the shadow mage more present in her than the Veela of her mother.
She gave me a quick hug and cuddled up under the arm of her husband again, Rudolphus Lestrange. He mouthed 'pregnant' to me, and I understood what was going on. 

"I invited Andromeda too, but she refused to come to this 'death eater meeting'." Draco explained and pulled me into his lap.
It felt nice, and I stayed there, even though I knew I shouldn't. 

"Lucius, it's your turn, and don't you dare to buy Hogwarts!" Narcissa warned her husband. We were playing wizard monopoly, and I was losing hard.
Suddenly we heard a loud scream and Bellatrix jumped up and ran upstairs. "I guess Stella woke up." Rudolphus said and focussed on the game again. 

Bellatrix came down again, a girl behind her. She came over and cuddled first Draco, then she looked at me and gave me a hug. Then she went on to Neville.
By the way, that bastard was about to ruin me in this game! Some time after Toppy appeared, bringing some snacks, and took Stella upstairs again. 

"And you are out Harry, you don't have no money anymore." Neville said and smirked. I crossed my arms and struck out my tongue.
"That's great, can you help me to the kitchen, I am just going to make something for Stella." Bellatrix asked me and I followed her. 

"So the whole crazy-thing is just a façade, huh?" I asked while taking out a bowl from a cupboard.
"Of course. I am a shadow mage, I know how to plan in advance. I don't wanna be loved by my opponent, I wanna be feared." she explained while cutting up some fruit.
"Is there a reason you wanted..." I started. 

"Yes, there is. About your godfather. I know you loved him, he was just a lost boy that was rescued by the wrong man. Sirius had always struggled with self-identity. He was a wizard; his family were mages. We all have been in Slytherin, and he was sorted into Gryffindor. He was the odd one. Don't get me wrong, I didn't intend to kill him, I really didn't. I love my family, I would never hurt one of them on purpose. But it was all so quick, and when I noticed, it was too late." I saw a single tear dropping down on her face.
She wished it away with her palm, and looked at me. 

"I just wanted you to know that, not only for my and your sake, but for Draco's too. I saw the looks you gave me. You seemed scared of me. Out in the battle I may be a lunatic, but at home I am a mother, and a wife. I can see how much time Draco spends on courting you, and how much he already depends on you. I didn't want you to turn him down, just because of me."
"It's okay, Bellatrix. But thank you, for telling me. I forgave you a long time ago." I told her and tried to hug her, but she was so tall and I wasn't. 

"Hey, you two in the kitchen, how long are you gonna take?" I heard Neville's voice, and saw him standing in the door.

A/N: My parents just left to go grocery-shopping, so I was able to update! 

A big thanks to @br52860 for editing my story and helping me to become a better writer! I will edit the story when I have uploaded all chapters. 

MeineKeime