Chapter 38. The wedding

Harry POV

"Neville, this can't happen now!" It was the day of my wedding. I was in the ballroom together with Neville and my grandmother, and my dress ripped!
"Calm down Harry, I'm gonna fix it!" Neville tried to calm me and sewed the ends of my ripped back together with a spell. 

"How is my hair?" I asked my grandmother. "Harry, you are gorgeous. Your hair is perfect, your dress is perfect. Your man is waiting outside for you. You just need to calm down and when you father comes, we can go and you can marry the man of your dreams!" Grandma said and made me sit down.
I had my hair curled and pinned up, and my gown was big and still thin, so I won't get overheated now in June. The top part of the dress had lace on it, and I felt so pretty!

 The top part of the dress had lace on it, and I felt so pretty!

I wasn't even scared that Draco won't like it, because he had seen the dress already

I wasn't even scared that Draco won't like it, because he had seen the dress already. I looked at my engagement ring in my left ring finger and tried to calm my racing heart.
Even when we had been 'dating' only for ten months, I knew that Draco was the man for my life.

I heard a soft knock on the door and Jordan and Paul came in. They were both shy creatures, and they had bonded quickly when they met.
They were my bride's maids (bride's men?), together with Neville, who was my maid (man) of honor. 

"Sorry for being late, we were... held back." Jordan whispered and I chuckled, seeing the hickeys on his neck. Paul had some too, and a bite. Their mates were possessive men, and they liked to show what belonged to them.
"You are sooo pretty!" Paul said and touched my dress. 

I was about to tell them to sit down, when the doors were pushed open again and my father came in.
"Harry, we can start." he said and helped me up. Here goes nothing. My heartbeat became faster again, and made one step after the other slowly.
I gripped my father's arm and had him lead me out of the house and into the backyard. 

I had asked the Veela-council to not come, they had a lot to do, and I wanted only friends and family to be present.
We had entered the backyard, and I could see the fire the seers had made. 

Our group made our way along the path between the flowers mother cared for so much. I gripped my father's arm tighter.
"Everything is okay Harry." he reassured me. We reached the aisle. And there stood Draco, next to the priest, eyes wide. Next to him were Blaise-his best man-, George and Fred, Charlie and Jackson as his groomsmen.