chapter five

"Wake up sleepy pants"

I slowly open my eyes and see Daniel standing in front of me.
"Ahhh, fuck." I scream pressing my face into the pillow. His beautiful laugh makes me melt inside. 
"Why do you have to scare me" I say pushing his shoulder.
"Because it's fun" He says still laughing. "You want anything for breakfast? We're going into the grocery store if you want anything" He continues.

-

All of us sitting on the couches at the back of the bus is starting to feel like family already. Mom and all the official people are all working at the front, but the rest of us are here, all snuggled up in blankets, watching a movie.

My phone dings, I pick it up and see a text from Daniel.
Daniel: Do you like this movie?
Hailey: Not really
Daniel: Same
Daniel: How's that comfy corner seat going?

Hailey: Heaven. How's Jack's feet smelling down there?
Daniel: Like honey

Hailey: Really?

Daniel: Nope they smell like shit
Hailey: 😹 😹 😹

I look up while smiling, seeing Daniel looking at me.
Hailey: What?
Daniel: Just realizing how beautiful you are
Hailey: Smooth

Daniel: What, it's true. Your sooo beautiful
Hailey: 2 days into the tour and I already have one of you crushing on me 😹

Jonah looks over. "Has he already gone in?" he asks.
"What?"
"Has he told you he likes you yet?" He says a little louder.
"No" I answer. "Well we're gonna go" He says getting up. "Okay we're going now." Jonah says looking at Zach, Jack and Corbyn. They jump up following Jonah out of the door into the bunks, Zach turns around and whispers something to Daniel before closing the door.

"Well that was awkward." He says.
This can't be happening, why would someone so beautiful like me. I sit there until I get up and sit next to him. We talk for what feels like forever, getting to know each other more. I find myself talking to him about stuff I've never told anyone, stuff about my friends, ex-boyfriends, friendship drama, and he takes it all.

We put on a movie be both like, Beauty and the Beast, obviously.

I wake up on Daniels lap, he's still sitting up with his neck bent to the side, resting on the end on the couch. I sit up reaching for my phone, feeling the bus stop as I do so. Daniel's bright blue eyes start to open.
"Hey. What time is it?" He asks.
"It's 8:08" I respond.
"Okay" He says slowly putting his head back on the edge of the couch closing his eyes.

Zach slowly opens the door.
"HEY GET UP" He screams
Daniel opens his eyes moaning back. "We're at the venue you coming to see it?" Zach asks.
"I'll be there in a second." Daniel peels himself off the couch, turning around before walking out the door and smiling. "You coming?" He asks.
"Yeah I'll coming out when I get ready."
"Okay, but it's always cool in the morning, no ones there but officials."
"Fine, let me go to the restroom first." I say. A even bigger smile comes across his face.

I walk into the tiny restroom, opening the cabinet where all our toiletries are. I throw my hair into a messy bun and put on a little perfume. Fixing the cloths I slept in, slowly becoming presentable to the outside world.

I open the restroom door and walk out into the kitchen/front lounge seeing Daniel and Corbyn sitting on the couch. How is Daniel looking good without doing nothing, his hair sits perfect naturally, his jawline more prominent then ever, I was dead inside just looking at him.

Stepping onto solid ground for the first time in 2 days feels different, Daniel right behind me, we hear fans screaming. "Are people here already?" I ask.
"Yeah, crazy right." Corbyn answers. 
"Theres like 12 hrs before the show starts, how to they last that long?" I ask.
"I don't know, I normally can't get over the fact that we sold out a show. Daniel answers.
Mom calls me around the side on the building. "Can we go inside now, it's getting cold?" I ask.
"We're going through the front entrance, well you are." She hands me a gold backstage/ all access pass. "Why do I have to do it?" I ask.
"Well you always wanted to be a photographer, heres your chance. Your gonna go out the front for every concert and ask the fans these questions." She hands me a large camera and another card about the same size as the pass. She starts to walks away. "Oh you you get to take photos of the boys  while they're performing to don't lose that pass.

I put the camera around my neck and walk towards the front entrance. My phone dings and Jonah's texted me.
Jonah: Where are you, Daniels on the point of freak out
Hailey: I'm around the front entrance my mom told me I'm your new photographer and I have to take photos of the fans and record them
Jonah: You might wanna let Daniel know
Hailey: Can't you tell him
Jonah: Okay, have fun and don't die  
Hailey: What?
Jonah: You'll find out, bye