chapter eighteen

It feels like it's been forever, but it's only been 2 weeks, Mom was able to postpone the rest of the dates. We leave again tomorrow and mom asked me to go a 'getting back on the road' party. Which was surprising due to my history with parties. My head sometimes would pound and rolling into a ball was my inefficient way of getting rid of it but  90% of the time Daniel was there, stopping me from my own insanity. 

The morning of the party Daniel and I are in the 'Why Don't We' house, still in bed.
"Hey, when we were at the pier, Logan said you wanted to do music." He says. Shit. He heard.
"Yeah." I reply. "What does he mean?" He asks. I roll over looking into his blue eyes. 
"I wanted to tell you, but I knew you would wanna know more, and I wasn't ready to tell you everything." I explain.
"You can tell me anything, you know that." His hands wrapping around my waist.
"Before my Dad died, I sang." I say as his face lights up. "Really?" He says smiling.
"I stoped because every time I sang it reminded me of him, after a while I found something else I loved, taking photos of you." I say smiling. I look at him and hes staring. "What?"I ask.
"Nothing, just you look like you could play a guitar." He says.
"Yeah, my dad taught me." I reply. 

Walking downstairs in one of Daniel's large jumpers is pleasing, having a boy that lets me wear his clothing. I see mom sitting on the couch, which surprises me.
"What cha doing?" I ask.
"Why are you wear one on Daniel's jumpers?" She asks in the same tone. 
"What makes you think it's Daniel's?" I question.
"Babe, it's massive on you, and it has his name in the back of it."
I turn my head trying to catch a glimpse of it. I eventually give up, grabbing an apple from the mostly old fruit bowl placed in the middle of their island. 

"What time does the party start?" I ask mom.
"In 3 hrs" She replies, I look down at my apple watch seeing its already 3:30.

The next time I see my mom is when the party is in full swing, music blasting and random girls dancing on the open space of grass in their backyard. My XXL 'Why Don't We' jumper covers most of my thigh accompanied by some surprisingly comfortable knee high heels.
"Shit you look good." Daniel says walking into the bathroom as I'm finishing my hair. He wraps his arms around me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder. 
"Oh, I knew it." A girl says walking into the bathroom. I turn around looking at her confused. 
"Hello Aspen, how may I help you?" Daniel asks obviously annoyed. 
"A Jessica was looking for Hailey, couldn't find you downstairs so I came up here." She says explaining herself.
"I'll be down I a second." I say presuming she'll leave, but no, she just stays there. I pick up the camera on Daniel's bed and put the strap around my neck.
"Okay, now I'm ready." I say walking out towards the stairs.

Walking down the stairs the pounding starts, I stop holding onto the railing.
"You okay?" Daniel asks, I turn around looking at him trying to get past Aspen, but she's so oblivious he has to slide around the side of her. I crouch down still holding onto the rail.
"Can you guys please move so I can go down there and party." She asks with attitude. She somehow makes her way through running outside after being freed. After a few minutes of a pounding head ache with no Daniel cuddles, it starts to go away.

I get up acting if nothing happend walking over to my mom. Daniel walks behind me looking a little confused. 
"You wanted me?" I ask mom.
"Yeah, Yazmine is sitting by herself out there." She says. I look outside to the beautiful sunset and spot a lonely girl sitting on a rock by herself. Walking out she looks up at the slightest sound.
"Hey, you good?" I ask her.
"No, you know I don't party." She explains.
"Yeah I know, you wanna come back inside?" 
"No, I'll stay out here, looking at the sunset." She says, "You sure?" I ask her.
"Yeah, I'll be fine, you go have fun." 
I walk away knowing she was upset at something, I see Jack when I get back inside.

"Hey, what's up with Yaz?" I ask him.
"She said her cat died." He explains. My jaw drops.
"No, bear died?"
"What?" He asks confusingly.
"Shes had that cat since she was 3." I explain to him. "Oh." He says oblivious.
"Go out there and be with her." I command. He looks confused but goes anyway. 

(A/N) 
Warning the next chapter contains Aspen being a bitch. I know that lots of limelights don't like her, but I do. I just wanted to have someone who's close to the boys in this story. So please don't hate me for making Aspen do all this shit.