chapter twenty-seven

"Skye?" A girl says behind us backstage. Skye turns around and I follow her.
"Angie?" Skye says back. I couldn't see who she was talking to in the crowd of people around us. Then a beautiful girl, who look familia walk up to us, hugging Skye. 
"What are you doing here?" Angie asks Skye. 
"I'm here with Hailey, Dan... well you'll know." Skye says pointing at me. Then it hits me, Angie is Daniel's best friend.
"Hey, I'm Hailey." I say to her.
"Yeah I know who you are, Daniel's crazy about you." She says laughing. A guy walks up behind her. "Hey, this is my boyfriend Ethan." Angie says looking up at the tall guy. 
"Hey." Skye and I say at the same time. He look familiar as well. Then it hits me, Lucas, Ethan.
"Hey do you have brother, Lucas?" I ask him.
"Yeeeaah, why?" He asks confused. 

I couldn't, he look too much like him. The memories come flooding back, I try to push then back, thinking about the good people in my life. Daniel, Yaz, Skye, Jakeen. It didn't work. I found an empty room and sat in the corner and cried. I've been trying to keep these feelings in, trying to push them back any further wouldn't help.

-

Once the boys finish with the fans after the show I can hear them talking outside, asking where I am. The door opens, Daniel and Angie come in. I stoped crying like 20 minutes ago but my face still feels red and puffy. Daniel sees me first and he runs over, hugging me. I needed this before. 

"What happend." He asks rubbing his thumb on the side of my face.
"Nothing, I'm fine now." I say.
"Angie said you ran off when you saw Lucas's brother." He says looking into my eyes.
"Lucas, ex boyfriend Lucas." I say to him.
"Ohhhhh. I'm so sorry." Angie says slowly backing away.
"No its okay you didn't know." I say to her.

Angie walks out of the room, Daniel and I stay there for a while.
"Oh yeah, you don't have to now, I can tell them you had to go but my parents are her. I want you to meet them." He explains to me. I look at him smiling.
"Yeah, let me freshen up first." I say standing up, walking towards the open bathroom door. I look fine now. I wipe away the smudged mascara under my eyes and then I'm back to normal.

"Hey." A older woman says as I walk in next to Daniel.
"Hi, I'm Hailey." I say waving. 
"Hi, I'm Jeff." The man says holding out his hand. I shake it and his hands are so soft, like Daniels. I look over at the woman.
"I'm Keri." She says pulling me in for a hug. "She's so pretty Daniel." She continues. I look over at him and he's smiling. I step back standing next to him. He puts his arm around my waist pressing on my once broken rib. I step back holding it while the pain slowly dulls down. He looks back at my worried. I look up and his parents have the same expression as Daniel.
"Sorry, I broke my rib when I was little and if you touch it a certain way it hurts." I lie. Their worried expressions go away become more how did that happen looks. I stay there silent for a second before Mom walks in. 

"Hey, you just be Jeff and Keri." She says shaking their hands.
"I'm Hailey's mom and Why Don't We's tour manager." She introduces herself.
"Your name is?" Jeff asks.
"Jessica." She says moving over to Keri's hand. 

Yaz calls me.
"Sorry I have to go." I tell them. As I walk away I hear their conversation.
Jeff: "How did you meet?" 
Daniel: "She's Jessica's daughter and the tour photographer."
Keri: "She's so pretty"
Daniel: "I know"