chapter twenty-nine

Daniel drops Skye and I off at school. I kiss him before getting out of the car.
"Don't crash my car." I say closing the door.
"Can't make any promises." He says smiling.
"Pick us up at 3." I say walking away.
"Bye babe." He says driving off. I feel the people staring, but I ignore it. Jakeen walks up to us.

"Hey, have you seen the comments?" He asks nervously.
"No, why?" I look at him confused.
"Don't, people are bitches." He says looking down at his phone. I take his phone looking at the comments on Daniel's photo.

'Why Daniel you could've done so much better'

'Look at that ugly bitch'

'Why is he dating that?'

'Didn't we think they were dating like 3 months ago he must be scared she too ugly for us.'

I give his phone back, quickly walking into the school. I open my locker rummaging through the already unorganised books. I hear a bang on the locker next to me, it scares me a little. I look over seeing him. Lucas. 

"Hey babe." He says smiling.
"I'm not your babe anymore." I say continuing to find my music book.
"Well why don't we try it again?" He says.
"Oh that reminds me. I have a boyfriend, he's in a band called 'Why Don't We' and unlike you, he respects women." I say slamming my locker shut.
"What are you talking about I did respect you." He says stepping in front of me.
"I don't think throwing you girlfriend into a table, breaking her rib and hitting her because she's crying is respecting." I tell him trying to step around him.
"That was one time." He says leaning in closer.
"You call 3 months of emotional and physical abuse once?" I say stepping away from him again. He pins my shoulders to the lockers, moving closer in.

"Let go of me." I say wiggling trying to break free. Then it happens, the contact. He kisses me. I quickly move my head to the side, closing my eyes. As I'm about to say something I hear someone running and Lucas's forceful grip falls. I slide slowly to the ground, still not opening my eyes. The person holds me. Jakeen? He's the only one here that would've had the balls to do anything. I slowly open my eyes seeing Lucas run off. I turn around to see who I was cuddled up with.

"Daniel?" I say surprised by his beautiful blue eyes staring into mine. I hug him, feeling his heart beating, fast.
"What are you doing here" I asks him when we get up.
"You forgot your phone in the car." He says pulling my phone from his back pocket. I pull him in, hugging him again.
"You're coming home." He says holding me, pulling me out of the building.

Daniel walks up the stairs holding the coffee in his hands. I sit up as he enters my room. He sits down in front of me on my bed, handing me the coffee.
"Who was it?" He asks as I take a sip from the cup. He looks at me worryingly. I don't answer him, not ready to tell him. He lifts his legs up onto the bed, holding my face.
"Hailey, who was that?" He asks sternly. Although he's angry he still looks so handsome, I give in. I put the coffee down on the table next to me. I fall into his chest, crying.

"My ex boyfriend, Lucas." I tell him. "H-he wanted to get back together with me. But I said no."
"Why was he so forceful?" He asks.
"Because, you know when I met your parents how I told you I broke my rib." He nods. "I didn't brake it when I was little, he pushed me into a glass table and it..." I lift up my shirt, exposing the large scar on the side of my torso. He looks at me, moving his hand from my hip to the scar. He rubs his thumb across the lightened area.
"I broke up with him a few weeks before the tour started. Please don't tell my brothers, or mom. They'll freak." I say leaning back into his chest.

"What else did he do to you?" He asks softly. I pull down the collar of my top, showing him the scars on my collar bones. 
"When he threw a glass cup at me because I wouldn't go to a party with him." I lift the hair up from the back of my neck." This is when he pushed me and I fell down hitting something hard, I don't remember what." Then I move down to my hip, pulling the leggings down from the area I'm about to show him. "Then when he got pissed off at me at the beach. I didn't want to get in the water straight away so he pushed me and I landed on a broken beer bottle."

Daniel pulls me in, laying down. I feel his strong arms tighten around me and I do the same crying into him.