chapter forty

"Hey can we take a detour?" I ask Jonah whos driving.
"Umm, Yeah, where to."
"Just turn down there." I say pointing to the road on our left. We drive a few minites before I see the gates.
"Woh Hailey, you sure?" I hear Jakeen say from the back.
"I have to." I say sitting back down in the seat next to a sleepy Daniel.
"And then down here." I say as I see the entrance. 

Jack pops up from Yaz's lap, looking out the windows.
"Woh, why we at a graveyard?" He says looking towards Jonah.
"I wanna see someone." I say as Jonah parks the van. I slide the door open, getting a wif of flowers and dirt at the same time. Daniel grabs my hand as we hop out, comforting me. I pull him towards where I wanted to go, the rest of the group following. Then I stop, letting go of Daniel's hand to go by myself. I hear him trying to follow me, then it stops. Looking back to see Jakeen's arm around the front of Daniel pulling him back. The group stays there as I sit down in front of the very familiar stone.

LT. MASON GREY WAYLAND
3.9.1961 - 12.17.2016
U.S. ARMY

"Hey Dad. It's been 5 years and I've only come here 10 times. There's a lot you missed, you see that boy." I say looking over at the group nearly 20 ft away. "The one in the 'guns and roses' shirt, he proposed to me this weekend." I say putting my hands down on the grass, I start tearing up.
"I know, you watch over me and all, but I wish you could talk to him, you would've gotten along so well. You would've talked about music and the fact that you have the same favourite bands. The rest of the boys would've loved you too. He reminds me a lot of you, he hugs like you all loving and meaningful. He's at every event, if he's not on tour but it's same with you and the army. He was at my Graduation, I didn't go to collage as I took the job as their second photographer. He was there when Nonna died, I didn't even ask him to come but he did. You know he asked Harley and Hayden if he could marry me, he would've asked you if he could be with me forever." Tears start flooding out of my eyes, but I manage to continue. "But the thing that kills me the most is that..." I pause before starting again. "But the thing that kills me the most is that you can't walk me down the isle." I say wiping the tears from my face. "I love you Dad." I say getting up my tears still flooding.

I walk over to the group all silenced. Daniel grabs my hand pulling me back to my dad's grave.
"I wanna talk to him." He says holding onto both my hands now. 

haileywayland today is 5 years without you, i miss these hugs and when you would come home for a christmas, graduation or dance

haileywayland today is 5 years without you, i miss these hugs and when you would come home for a christmas, graduation or dance. i miss the family nights in cleveland and dinners you would make. i miss you dad

Liked by seaveydaniel, yazminejacksonn and 198,603 others

COMMENT HAVE BEEN DISABLED