chapter thirty-seven

We sit there all talking, more of my cousins and younger members of the family join us. It's nice all being together, the reason is not so nice, but it's still nice. I look over to Maisy who is looking behind me a little excited, then I see Tara next to her, a little worried. I look behind me seeing the dreaded person I never wanted to see again. I tap Daniel as I slide down trying to hide from him.

"What?" Daniel asks confused.
"Lucus' here." I whisper, catching the attention of the rest of the boys. They are the only people in the house that know what happend, and I'm scared for what's about to go down.
"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jonah asks walking up to Lucas. His large 6'1 frame almost towering over Lucas' 5'6 structure.
"I'm sorry I came to see my girlfriend after her grandmother's passed away." Lucas says as he looks at the now furious Daniel.
"She's not your girlfriend anymore, hasn't been for a year." Daniel says, his hands clenching.
"He's not worth it." I say kneeling on the couch, my torso resting on the back of the couch which separated Daniel and I. "But you need to leave." I say grabbing Daniel's hand attempting to calm him down, or even pull him back.  
"Why should I leave?" Lucas asks, tilting his head.
"Because I know you're only here to start trouble, flying from L.A. to start trouble is pushing it a bit, isn't it? Is your life really getting that bad that you have to come to the other side of the country to get the chance to have not even 1 minute of your so called 'glory'?" I say now pulling Jonah back. 
"Ohhhh, you're gonna regret that." He says taking a step forward. He's stopped by Harley and my uncle Jackson, both standing at over 6'. Lucas is pulled back and dragged out of the house by Uncle Jack. I'm pulled into a hug by Daniel, the couch still separating us.

"What was that all about?" Harley asks firmly. I see Hayden walk over and his face asks the same question. Daniel hands cup my face and I stare into his eyes. "It's time." He says, kissing my forehead after doing so.
"When I was with Lucas you can say it wasn't a good relationship." I start explaining to the people around me. "He did some things that physically and emotionally damaged me." I say as tears well up in my eyes. Like I did with Daniel, I pull up my shirt showing the large scar along my ribs. I hear gasps from the people behind me. Hayden and Harley's face fill with both anger and sadness. 

Im packed ready to go back to L.A. I wonder around the house, seeing all the photos of Nonna and pop, harley, hayden and I, all my cousins, aunts and uncles. I wasn't ready to go quite yet. I walk towards Pop's room.

"Hey." He says instantly lightened up.
"Heeey." I say wanting something.
"What do you want?" He asks.
"I wanna stay in Cleveland, with you." I say. He taps the bed twice, asking me to sit down. When I'm planted comfortably he begins talking.
"What I've learned in the past 2 weeks is that you have to live every moment like it's you last. Nonna wanted you to have fun and live your life, not just go around sobbing all day like me. Spend as much time with Daniel as possible, I didn't with your Nonna and I regret it. If you feel the same way for that boy as I felt for her you will go back to L.A. you will live your life, not crying over the little things... or the big things." He says letting a tear roll down his face. I hug him, appreciating every word he just said.

(A/N: I know its a really short chapter but I am really excited for the next chapter. BTW its a large time jump. Also this chapter is 666 words long (not including a/n))