chapter seventeen

He holds me until we get to the venue. Unlike the rest of the stops, this time I can hear the fans screaming, really loud. We walk to the front, I pick up my camera from the table in the main lounge and walk out of the bus behind Daniel. To my surprise fans surround the back of the building. I stop before going inside, remembering I have to film fan, I turn on the camera and pan down the the line on screaming girls. When I make my way back to the door it's closed and locked. 

Pulling my phone out of my pocket and calling mom wasn't the right move. I calling Jack but Yaz answers.
"Hello?" She questions.
"Can you open the back door its locked." I ask. She doesn't say anything for a couple seconds but the door opens and the phone is still on her ear. 
"Thanks." I say to her. She walks me to the stage where the boys are practicing. My eyes go straight to Daniel whos sitting on a stool, with his guitar and just singing, like an angel.

-

The show starts and the boys are doing amazing. I move further back taking a wider photo, as I step forward I feel a tug on my ponytail. My back bends backwards and may head hits something hard. I fall, then hitting the front of my head on the edge of a wooden box on the floor. Looking up I see the boys stop, looking down at me Daniel jumps off the stage first, then Jonah, then it goes blank.

The sharp beeps of the heart monitor wake me up. Slowly opening my eyes I feel my head pounding making me clench my eyes. I try to open them again, seeing a figure in a chair next to the bed, it looks sad, hunching over. When my vision clears up I see him, he's face resting on his palm. I look down, feeling the grip on my hand tighten. I move my hand a little and he looks up, moving forward he kisses above my eyebrow. 
"She's awake." Daniel says and a gathering of boys make their way around the curtain. Harley runs from the back to the other side of my bed, stroking the side of my head.
"Ouch." I say as his hand makes contact. 
"Sorry." He says, his head drops, just hanging there.

My mom walks around the boys, when seeing me awake she grabs onto Hayden hugging him.
"Don't cry mom, i'll feel fine." I say looking over at her. Another person walks in, this time a nurse.
"Family only please, theres a lot of you." She says. The rest of the boys walk around the corner, as Daniel gets up I pull his hand back.
"Stay." I say to him. He looks up at the nurse, as she nods and he sits back down.
"Okay so you're lucky." She says. "You just have a concussion and a small cut at the top of your forehead." The nurse continues. "You'll be fine within a few days." She finalises. "Any questions?" She asks.
"Yeah." I say. "Will I be okay for the show tomorrow?" I ask.
"You will hopefully be discharged tonight or even late afternoon if you feel the same, I wouldn't recommend it, maybe wear earplugs if you really want to. What do you do?" She asks looking through papers.
"I'm a concert photographer." I answer.
"I wouldn't do the show tomorrow, maybe the one after that." She replies.
"Anything else?" She asks again. Its silent for a few seconds, the nurse leaves and they all look at me.

Mom takes Hayden and Harley out of the room leaving Daniel and I. I look into his eyes, they are glossier then ever, then I remember where I am. Was he crying? Were his eye watering? It still beautiful.