chapter forty-two

I sit on the bed, my head in my hands. The alarm goes off but I stay there. I couldn't see it. I didn't want to see it. We're only a month until the wedding and this is happening already. I hear the front door open and I run down stairs needing him to hold me.

"Woh, what's going on? What happend?" Daniel asks confused.
"Dani, I need to tell you something." I say still holding him, not making eye contact. My head still relaxed in his chest.
"Babe, what is it?" He asks, worry not filling his voice.
"I'm late." I say pulling my head out of his chest and looking into his eyes.
"To what?" He asks even more confused.
"my period, dani I think I'm pregnant." I whisper so the rest of the boys in the house couldn't hear.
"Have you taken a test?" He says pulling me up the stairs to our room.
"Yeah, but I can't took at it, I'm too scared." I say and feel my eyes gloss over. Daniel immediately see it and pulls me into a hug after closing our bedroom door. 

"Where is it? In the bathroom?" He says pulling away from me.
"Yeah." I say flopping down on the bed. He opens the door and walks around the corner. I see him pick up the test, and his jaw drop a little. He walks out towards me. His eyes beginning to water.
"Babe, it's positive." He says, hugging me as tight as he can. 

I don't know how to feel. I've always wanted kids, but we're not married yet. I wanted to have kids after I got married, that was always the plan, not this, never this. A rush of excitement rushes over me. Daniel and I talked about this before, he has wanted kids since his little sister was born. So I knew he was excited. I pull away from him to see the biggest smile I've even seen from him. A thought hits me.

"What are we gonna do about the wedding?" I asks nervously.
"It's in a month, you will hardly be showing." He says grabbing the sides of my stomach.Just then a sneaky Corbyn opens the door.
"SHOWING WHAT?" He screams. I look at Daniel knowing that he already kinda knows what going on, and that we can tell him.
"But only him at the moment." Daniel says letting go of me. He turns around to Corbyn.
"We're pretty sure Hailey's pregnant." He says quietly. Daniel cuts Corbyn off saying. "We're not 100% sure yet so we're not telling anyone, okay, so not. a. word."

Corbyn's face lights up, running towards us he pulls us in and hugs us tight.

-

Dad?
"Hailey, I love her. She's adorable, just like you." Dad says holding what looks like a baby wrapped in a purple and white blanket. I look around. 
Daniel?
"I know, she has your eyes Haze." Daniel says reaching over to touch the baby's face.

-

I walk into the dress shop, spotting Yaz and Skye immediately.
"You excited?" Yas asks.
"Yes, of course." I say picking up the champagne from the table next to me, I go to take a sip but remember last night. I move the glass away from my lips and put it back down.
"Arn't you gonna drink that?" Skye asks a little confused.
"Um, no." I stutter a bit.
"Why not?" Yas questions.
"Just not in the mood for alcohol." I say. They shrug it of, still questioning the real reason. 

The girl opens the change room door and I walk in seeing the beautiful dress I picked out. It fit perfectly.
"I see you've put on a bit of healthy weight." Skye says laughing.
"Oh shut up." I say agreeing with her, but kind of offended. Yes I was a skinny girl, but that weigh wasn't all from me.

"You know I had the weirdest dream last night. I was in a hospital room, with my dad and Daniel and I think they were holding a baby." I say turning around to my 2 best friends. 
"Telling the future?" Skye shrugs.
"Why would my dad be there though?" I question her theory.
"Maybe it's his way of saying you should get knocked up?" Yaz says.
"Really Yaz?" I say laughing.