chapter thirty

"Now, on to our last ten. Hailey Wayland" The Principle says as I walk onto the stage. I grab the rolled up piece of paper tied with a green ribbon. Shacking his hand I look behind him seeing my brothers in their uniforms walking up to us. I instantly run up, hugging them.

"The last time Hailey saw her brothers were at the begging of the school year." They have returned to see her graduate." I look up at them then boys dancing and mom in the crowd. Why are they so extra? 

I walk up the Yaz, Jakeen and Skye with my brothers by my side. 
"Guess who's graduated?" I say hugging them. 
"I just wish Dad was here." Hayden says, I look at him. "He is."
Just then I feel strong arms wrap around my waist. I look up seeing glossy ocean eyes looking at me. I kiss him.
"Get a room." Jonah says walking says walking up to Skye.
"Can you just tell us if you're dating or not because you've kissed like 1000 times already." I say to the two of them. "Then we'll get a room." I say laughing. They look at each other, nodding.
"Okay, yes we are." Skye says reaching for his hand.
"Look at all my friends getting the 'Why Don't We boys.' We're just too compatible for you" I saylooking over at Yaz and Jack's intertwined hands.
"What about me." Zach says throwing his arms up
"One day my boy, one say." Daniel says putting a hand on Zach's shoulder.

"Oh that reminds me, Mom let us go to the beach." I say jumping.

We pile in the car throwing our overpriced silk gowns in the trunk. We get to the driveway seeing mom is already home. Jonah and Skye jump out from back before I can even unbuckle my seat belt. Jakeens already jumped over the fence way too excited about the beach. Daniel and I walk into the house calmly unlike Skye and Jonah, going into out separate rooms getting our cloths together.

Jonah walks into my room as I get a bathing suit and towels together for the four of us. 
"Hey dude, do you have any short that I can wear?" Jonah says walking over to Daniel. He opens the overly full drawer that I let him store some of his cloths, pulling out some navy blue shorts that looked a little too big for Daniel but just right for Jonah. Suddenly the loud ringing of my phone starts. I look at it seeing Jakeen on the screen. 

"Hey" I say setting the phone down on my dresser with the speaker option is highlighted.
"Do I need to bring a towel or is that a stupid question?" He asks. 
"Stupid question." Jonah says walking out of the room.
"No it's not." I say trying to make him feel better. "Bring one, we all are." I say trying to find a bigger bag to fit the two towels into. 
"Okay see you in five." He says. "See you then." I say back hanging up.

"Hey, what do you think of these?" Daniel says holding his burgundy short.
"I like them, wait were gonna match." I say pulling my burgundy swimsuit from the bag.

I walk into the bathroom to get changed, as I walk out Daniels rummaging through his drawer trying to find a shirt. He hears the door close and looks over at me.
"Damn, how did I get you." He says walking over holding my torso.
"I could say the same for you." I say leaning in for a kiss. Just as out lips make contact the door swings open revealing a excited Jonah and Skye. 
"Oh, shit, sorry." Skye says laughing.
"No your good." I say walking away from Daniels grip to slide into my shorts and shirt laid on the bed. Daniel puts on a shirt and throws a pair of shorts into the bag.
"Ready to go?" He says holding out his hand. 
"Yeah." I say picking up my phone and the beach bag on the dresser next to me. 

I walk down the stairs to see Jakeen waiting on the couch. Seeing us he gets up to go out the door. Mom walks up to us and hugs me. 
"Be safe." She says pointing to Skye and I.
"I'll take care of her Jess." Daniel says squeezing my hand tighter. 
"Now go have fun, you just graduated." Mom says shooing us.

I park the car and Jonah and Jakeen jump out, Jonah then helps Skye out. I get out to lift the roof back up. Daniel helps me. As we finish Yaz pulls up next to us.
"Heeeeeeeeyyy." She says pocking out of her window. Corbyn and Zach hop out of the back and run towards the beach, leaving her and Jack in the car. She gets out hugging me.
"NO MORE HIGH SCHOOL" She screams. I laugh at her as Jack takes her hand, leading her to the beach. We follow a fair distance behind them. Just before we reach the beach Daniel leads me off to another path.

"Where are we going?" I ask him suspiciously. 
"Don't worry, you'll love it." He says clutching my hand in his.
We walk for a few minutes, until he stops and turns me to the beautiful beach below us.
"This would look so good at sunset." I say sitting on the edge, where there was a 5 foot drop to the sand.