chapter twenty-four

The morning sun piercing through my open window wakes me up. My first thought is him. Is Daniel. Why do I keep thinking about this person. Is he okay? Did he do the show last night? 

I look beside me remembering the person sleeping next to me. I slowly and quietly make my way downstairs. I turn on the keurig turning around to open the freezer to get the waffle. I slid 4 into the toaster. As I the second coffee fills I hear steps coming from the stairs. I look around the corner seeing a sleepy Skye walking towards me. She walks in and I hand her the fresh coffee, just then the waffles pop up. Carefully taking them out I spread a thick layer of nutella over the top, knowing Skye's love for the choclity spread.

Without even even telling her what it is, she shovels one down her throat.
"Okay." I say surprised. She looks at me in a I'm about to laugh but I have food in my mouth look. Once her mouth is free of food she finally speaks.
"That was good." She says laughing at the same time. I see the lump of her tongue make its way around her mouth taking the chucks of nutella out from on and around her teeth. She picks up the other one on the plate, already filled with nutella. This time she takes a regular bit. I pick up another one and turn around to where she's plated on the other side of the kitchen.

"Why did you agree to come out here with me?" I ask. She takes another bit of her waffle trying to avoid the question. I look at her in silence as she swallows it, still not saying anything. 
"I told you why I came to Philly, tell me why you came here." I tell her.
"Okay." She says rolling her eyes. "You know Jay?" She asks me.
"Yes, I know your boyfriend. Wait is he your ex boyfriend now?" I asks her standing up, ready to hug her for the answer I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get.
"He's cheating on me." She starts crying. I instantly put down the waffle in my hand, wrapping my arms around her. 

-

"No way." I say.
"Yeah I know, my mom is the best." Skye says as I pull her into a hug. Jakeen looks at us, smiling. When I pull away from her I look up seeing Jakeen walk through the door.
"You're not gonna believe this." I tell him. "Skye's coming to school in L.A. this year." I continue. 
"REALLY?" He asks walking towards the couch. 
"My mom talked to yours and I can stay in one of your guest rooms for senior year." She continues.
"REALLY? Moving in with us?" I asks her wanting to know if I heard her right.
"Yeah!" She says smiling. 

My phone dings.

'MOM'

I slide opening the text.

Mom: Hey were in San Fran tomorrow you're coming to see us I brought 4 tickets. You, Harley, Hayden and Skye you're coming to see me it's been nearly 2 months.
Hailey: Do I have to?
Mom: Yes its been 2 months since I last saw you. Your flight is at 8am tomorrow
Mom: Here's the tickets 
                             document1/word
Hailey: Okay see you tomorrow.

I put my phone down and it buzzes.

'DANIEL💔 '

"Can he just go away?" I say throwing my phone on the couch across from me, narrowly missing Harley's head.
"WOW, watch out, I'm not the cause of your boy drama." He says looking up from his phone.
"Why arn't you ready to beat him up, you said you would if he hurt me." I ask him teasingly.
"Correction. I said I would murder him, and Jakeen told me the shit that happend and I think you just talk to the dude, hear him out." He explains to me.
"Why are you suddenly on his side?" I asks him annoyed.
"Because you're not giving the guy a chance." He says getting up. As he walks past he hands me my phone back. "Just see what he has to say." He tells me. 

"He's not like Lucas." Jakken says looking at me intensely. I look down, remembering the shit that went down with Lucas.