chapter nine

I look out the window seeing the bright blue 'Welcome to California' sign. I'm home, the door opens and Corbyn and Christina walk in.
"Oh sorry guys I'll leave." I get up as they look at each other.
"What?" I ask. "We need to talk to you." Christina says. "Well she does, I had no part in this, I'm just here." Corbyn admits.
"Okay you can leave now" Christina tells Corbyn. He gets up and slowly closes the door behind him. 
"How much do you like Daniel?" She asks.
"A lot, and I'd love if we could be together but we've only known each other for a month." I explain to her.

-

I wake up the sound of Daniel jumping out of his bunk.
"What are you doing?" I whisper to him.
"Come" He whispers helping me down.
He walks me into the back lounge closing the door behind him. What is it with people liking to close the back lounge door?
He makes me sit down next to him. "What are you doing, your gonna wake everyone up." I whisper to him.
"No ones on the bus only Jonah, Jack, You and I."
He hands me my phone and picks up his.
Daniel: Hey
Hailey: Hey
Daniel: This is going to wake everyone up
Hailey: Ha-ha 
Daniel: Remember at the start of the tour when we watched a movie back here 
Hailey: Of course
Daniel: And how we texted
Hailey: My favourite part
Daniel: You know I like you, Hailey, you're beautiful
Hailey: So are you, your eyes remind me of heaven
Daniel: A little cheesy much?
Hailey: Very
Daniel: I have to ask you something
Hailey: Shoot

He puts his hand on the side of my face moving closer to me, the butterflies in my stomach erupt, before he gets the chance I move close enough our lips are together. My whole body lights up, the feeling is like nothing I've ever felt before. His hands move down to my waist, I slowly pull away, pressing my forehead agains his. I look into his eyes, even in the dark they glow, so bright I'm almost blinded.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks.
"Of course" I say leaning in again, the feeling comes back, I'm lit again.

Again waking up in Daniels arms, but knowing this time its different, this times his mine. Waking up to a kiss on the forehead by the most beautiful boy on earth is pleasing. I've got him, the boy that listened to my problems when we hardly knew each other and was there when the most important people in my life weren't.

Jonah walks in while we're snuggled into the couch watching the TV.
"Yazmines outside, if you wanna see her?" He says walking further into the room. I jump up and run outside as fast as I can.

"Ahhhhhhh" I scream seeing her through the window. I jump off the step into her, embracing her.
"I missed you so much" She says. 
"What's going on with Jack?" I ask, "He won't tell me anything."
"We were messaging all night, last night and he asked where I was, of course I was here, waiting for you and he came inside." She explains. "That's it, the story stops there? What happend after that?" I ask.
"Nothing really we just talked." She says. "How's Daniel?"
I jump with excitement, "Wow, what did I miss out on?" She questions. I pull her further away from the bus, telling her everything. How he took me back to the room where he first told me I was beautiful, talking the same way we did, through text.

She hugs me again, "You got a good one, Jack told me he couldn't sleep the past few nights... Oh no he isn't." she says staring behind me. 
"What?" I say turning around. I see him, Jakeen, just standing there in his yard looking at us. I pull Yaz into the bus, closing and locking the door. I walk to the back lounge where Daniel and Jonah are, sitting down next to Daniel, holding him.
"What happend?" He asks. I don't answer but Yaz does it for me. "Jakeens outside." She says. He gets up walking towards the door, Yaz stops him saying, "Not a good idea. He doesn't know about you two." Daniel sits back down putting him arm around me. 
"We'll talk to him." Yaz says looking at Jonah. "Wait, what." Jonah looks at Yaz confused.