chapter twenty-two

I look up walking towards Skye. She grabs me pulling me behind a large tree. I follow her sight, seeing why she pulled me away. Jack, Yaz, Daniel and Jonah walk past the tree, not seeing us.
"Did you not know they were gonna be here?" Skye asks. 
"I thought they were coming in a week." I reply. Suddenly Skye steps out walking a behind them, then Yaz stops, they look back at her.

"Shit I forgot my sun glasses." She says turning around spotting Skye walking towards her. 
"No, way." She says catching Skye's attention.
"Oh my god." Skye says, possibly faking her amazement, but not the excitement. Yaz stands right in front of her before hugging her, the same as I had.

"Have you seen Hailey, Daniel tracked her here." Yaz says, almost stressing. Skye looks at the boys, trying to figure out which one was Daniel. I faintly hear the boys introduce themselves, as I observe the lifelessness of Daniel, I see Jonah and Skye staring, intensely. Soon enough Jonah looks over at me, without them saying a word.

Yaz comes back, grabbing Jack's hand and pressing her face into his shoulder.
"Thanks to Hailey, this in my boyfriend Jack." Yaz says smiling. Jack follows Jonah's stare over towards me. He looks at Skye and her eyes widen, shaking her head. 
"Come on, lets go find her." Yaz says walking further into the Zoo.
"I'll catch up to you." Jonah says gripping Skye's forearm before she got too far away. 

"What are you doing?" Skye says looking up at Jonah a little scared. Jonah looks at me, then I look at the rest of the group, who have now disappeared around the corner. I walk over the footpath separating us. 
"Now, I know that your pissed at Daniel, but he made us drive 3 hours following you." He explains.
"Cool. Wait how?" I say uninterested.
"You share locations with each other." He says.
"Why would she care? He kissed someone, that wasn't her." Skye says, taking the words right out of my mouth. Jonah grabs the bridge of my sun glasses, ripping them off my face. Holding my shoulders as he looks into my eyes.
"No he didn't." He whispers. "Aspen kissed him, he said he push her off the second it happend."
"I was in there longer then a second, watching them." I tell him.
"I know it feels like you were there for ages and I know what it feels like, you weren't standing there for that long." He says looking down at me. His hight towering over me. "I saw when you went up stairs and when you started coming back down, it was only a couple seconds in between." He explains, I stand there silent.

"He would never do anything like that to anyone, especially you. He didn't do the show last night. He told everyone he was too sick and he was, worried sick, not knowing where you were. You know hes had a few girlfriends, but none of them like you. Hes loved you the first day he met you, hell, even when he first saw you. He might not know it, but he does." He explains to me.