Cosmic Distraction (Dean x Reader)

The Impala gleamed in the moonlight as Dean sped at lawbreaking speeds down the highway. He was frustrated. Angry at the world. The radio was off, a concrete sign of how Dean was feeling. You sat in the passenger seat silently. You knew when he was like this he liked it quiet and talking was the last thing he wanted to do.

His grip tightened on the wheel and his jaw clenched at whatever thought had crossed his mind. He suddenly sighed angrily and jerked the car to the side of the road. You braced yourself against the sudden shift until Dean brought the car to a stop.

He exited the vehicle, slamming the door behind him. He started pacing up and down. His palms were on either side of his head, a tell-tale sign of his frustration. He clenched his hands and yelled several obscenities before he came to a stop and fell silent.

You took the keys from the ignition and got out. He didn't pay attention to your approaching footsteps. He remained with his head down, his right hand massaging his temples and his left at his hip. You stopped a few feet away from him so as to not invade his space. You turned your eyes skyward and scanned the stars.

"Hey look, it's my boy Orion." Dean looked up and followed your finger to the constellation. "He was a hunter like us you know. Well, I guess not exactly like us..." You paused. "We're actually probably better hunters than he ever was. Wait I shouldn't say that that's literally how 99% of the wars started in Greek mythology."

Dean chuckled lightly and turned his gaze to you. You stretched out your arm and extended your hand towards him. He accepted your invitation and interlocked your fingers with his.

"It'll be okay, Dean. In the end it will work out. You know that right?"

"Yeah I know," he sighed. He lowered his forehead to yours and closed his eyes. "Just wish I knew how." You brought your hand to his face and lightly traced over his cheekbone. He pulled back slightly and you smiled softly at him. "At least I can count on you to be by my side while I figure it out right?"

"Always. A horde of vampires couldn't keep me away. Even though they tried. Twice."

"I know I was there," he laughed. You smiled proudly up at him and he couldn't resist smiling back. He placed his hand at the back of your head and pulled your lips to his. You happily returned the gesture and only pulled away when you lost your breath. He smiled down at you as he tucked your hair behind your ear. "So, you know any more of those constellations?"

You smiled softly and nodded in reply. You led him back to the Impala and you both climbed on the hood to recline against the windshield.

"So that's Orion right? But down to the left is Canis Major," you explained pointing in the air. "He was one of Orion's hunting dogs. And further up is Canis Minor..."