Calm Down Simba (SamxReader)

“(y/n)!” Sam called from the doorway of the bunker library.

“Hmm,” you said not looking up from file you had in your lap.

“Help.”

“With what?” you said still looking at the file.

“With this,” you finally looked up to see Sam pointing at his hair. It was a mess, completly tangled and knotted. Half of it was waved and other half stuck out in gravity defying angles. You couldn’t help but laugh at how a pouf of hair could make someone as big as Sam look the complete opposite of intimidating.

“Don’t laugh this isn’t funny!” he said. “If I don’t fix this before Dean wakes up I’ll never hear the end of it.” He then walked over and knelt in front of you, faceplanting in your lap.

“Well maybe next time you’ll listen to me and wait for your hair to dry before you go to sleep,” you said running your hand through his matted hair.

“Help me I don’t know what to do!”

“Okay okay. Calm down drama queen I’ll fix it.” You pushed his head to the side and got up from your comfy chair. You went into your room and grabbed a comb, a spray bottle and a straightner. When you got back to Sam he was lying on the floor in defeat.

“You really are a giant five year old,” you said as you plugged the straightner in the outlet beside your chair.

“Whatever,” he said with a very childish eyeroll. You sat back down in your chair and opened your arms to him.

“Come my moose,” you said wiggling your fingers at him. He scooted himself across the floor and settled in between your legs. You started separating sections of his hair and when you squirted his hair with the spray bottle he flinched away.

“What’s that for!”

“It’s for the tangles. Now turn back around.”

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” he mumbled.

“Oh I do,” you said as you began the detangling process. “If I could successfully get gum and alcohol out of a very hungover Ash and Jo then I think I can comb your hair.

“And how did you manage that?”

“With skills. Didn’t even have to cut the gum out. Ash stumbled away with mullet intact while Jo passed out at the bar. She may have been out cold but her hair never looked better.” Sam seemed satisfied with your answer and took out his phone to look for cases. You continued to untangle the knots of his hair while you softly sang Freebird. Throughout the entire time you were combing his hair you constantly heard him hissing and making noises as if you were yanking the comb through his hair. You just ignored him and kept combing.

“Oww!” Sam yelled grabbing at the back of his head.

“I’m sorry! That one really was a nasty one but it was also the last one. You’re almost done.”

You leaned over to pick up the straightner and began to run it through Sam’s hair. It only took about five minutes to go over all it, seeing as Sam’s hair was already naturally straight.

“Am I all done?” He asked turning to you. His hair now fell perfectly straight with no waves or bumps to be seen.

“Almost. Just let me do one last thing. Turn back around.” Sam did as he was told and you began to gather his hair at the nape of his neck.

“Hey what’s this?” You looked up to see Dean smiling and making his way over to you.  

“This is me taming your brother’s nest of hair,” you said as you pulled Sam’s hair into a low ponytail. “What do you think?” Sam looked up at his brother who then nodded at you with approval.

“It looks good. Really good actually. You should wear it like that more often Sam, then you wouldn’t have to be constantly pushing your bangs out of your face when we’re hunting.” Sam just gave one of his famous glares and Dean looked back at you.

“Can you do mine next? I’ve always thought I could rock some cornrows,” he said grinning at you.

“Get out of here Winchester,” you said laughing. “And for payment of dealing with your cranky brother I want a cheeseburger.”

“I was not cranky!” Sam whined. “You’re the one that kept yanking the comb through my hair not even caring that you were yanking my brains out!” You looked up and Dean with your eyebrow raised and facial expression that said “See what I mean?”

“Man, for dealing with that all morning you get two cheeseburgers,” Dean said as he picked up keys and made his way for the door.

“And fries!” you yelled after him, leaning over the chair so far you almost fell out of the it. “Don’t forget the fries!”

“Of course not!” Dean yelled over his shoulder.

“Was I really that bad?” Sam asked turning back to you once again.

“Yes you really were.” Sam looked up at you with a small smile and leaned up to peck you on the cheek.

“I’m sorry,” he said. “Next time I’ll listen to you and won’t go to sleep until my hair’s dry.”

“Or you could just cut it all off,” you said shrugging.

“What? No!”

“Okay,” you said, laughing at his shocked reaction. “I guess if you cut if all off you wouldn’t be a majestic Simba.”

“Simba? Please I’m Mufasa.”

“Woah woah,” you said. “I’m gonna stop you right there. I’m Mufasa.”

“What no way!”

“Yes way! And that makes me your king and everything the light touches is mine to rule.”

“You are not Mu-“

“Shh,” you said putting your hand over his mouth. “Stop arguing or I’ll have you exiled for treason.”