John's Journal (Dean x Reader)

(A/N) Something different. I've been reading John Winchester's Journal, so ya know. 50 points to your house if you catch the reference to one of my old supernatural oneshots

September 3:

Dean met a girl today. Usually it's nothing out of the ordinary but something's different this time. I can tell. We found her out in the woods. We were hunting a Wendigo but she beat us to it. By the time we caught up to her she was already burning the damned thing. How she managed to do that singlehandedly I have no idea. She smiled at Dean and it was game over. He convinced her to have lunch with him and that boy has been in a daze since he got back. It took him two tries just to find the room we've been staying in for the past three days. We're heading out at first light. Good thing too. If we stayed any longer he'd end up tripping over his own two feet.

September 8:

Dean's been at the bar across the street for hours. He's not even drinking. He's outside freezing his ass off on the payphone. He must have been hustling pool all day to have enough quarters to keep pumping into the thing. He's talking to that girl again. (y/n). I knew it was different this time. I've never seen him talk to a girl for more than 30 seconds on the phone before. I hope this crush of his wears off soon. It's distracting him. I need him sharp. Alert. Anything else is just gonna get him killed.

September 19:

Finally got rid of the werewolf we've been hunting down tonight. Dean's out having a celebratory drink with guess who. Should have known something was going on when Dean told me about the case here. I wanted to check out a possible rugaru up in Minnesota but Dean wouldn't let this case go. I finally gave in. It was closer than my ruguru after all. But it all became clear as soon as we pulled into the motel parking lot. As soon as we turned the corner she was there, getting her bags out of her trunk. I had barely even stopped the car before he jumped out.

I could see them in the rearview mirror. He all but ran to her, engulfing the poor girl in a bear hug. He immediately grabbed her bags and helped her inside. At least I was able to raise him with manners.

He's been glued to her side this whole trip. She's a nice enough girl. Smart. Good hunter. Dean's had a goofy grin plastered on his face the whole time. I haven't seen him smile this much since Sam ran off to school. Oh Sammy. I wonder if you've got some girl making a fool of you too.

October 12:

That's it. I'm officially cutting this thing off. We were hunting a shapeshifter. Everyone knows how difficult these bastards are to kill. You have to be on your A game. Even more so than usual. One mistake and the damned thing's gone or your dead. We finally had it cornered and it was putting up a nasty fight. There was a clear shot and Dean missed. Dean missed and if his gun had gotten thrown even a foot more away from me he'd have been dead. It's all because of that girl. Instead of sleeping he's been sneaking out at night to call her. He's acting like a teenager. He's not sleeping, barely eating. I catch him daydreaming constantly. All that's a combination to getting dead fast. It's over. He's giving up this girl now and that's the end of it. I'll tell him in the morning. He's actually sleeping for once. Might as well let him.

October 13:

Dean left a few hours ago. He said I couldn't keep him away from his girl. Told me I've been controlling him his whole life and if I wouldn't let him have this one thing that was it. So I told him. Son, I am not having you dying because you have a dumb crush. Then he went on to tell me it wasn't some dumb crush and that he was in love with this girl. I told him love is what got you killed in this line of work and he told me right back that if he didn't have her he might as well have been dead. We yelled and screamed about it for the better part of an hour. It's like he was 14 again. The whole thing was straight out of some cheesy hallmark movie. I finally told him to shut up and that it wasn't up for discussion and we needed to be in Birmingham in 8 hours. He grabbed his bag, looked me in the eye and said "I'm done taking orders from you."

He walked right out of the motel room and down the street. Got on a greyhound about 15 minutes ago.

He'll be back. It won't work out. It never does. Hell Mary, me and you barely made it work and look how in love we were. I give it a few weeks. Dean wasn't meant for something like that. My poor boy is just meant for the job, nothing else. He'll see.