Driving Lessons(CastielxReader)

"Don't worry Cas its simple really." 

Cas continued to stare at the'58 Plymouth Fury. He thought that learning to drive had been a good idea, in case he was cut off from heaven again and happened to be on his own. It seemed only logical to give it shot. It was, after all, how his trio of hunters got around. He had watched Dean and (y/n) drive the Impala hundreds of times and it looked simple enough. But standing there looking at the cherry red 
paint gleaming in the sun, he couldn't help but feel nervous.

"(y/n) I do not think this is a good idea after all," he said turning to leave. (y/n) stopped him, pulling on the sleeve of his trench coat.

"Cas c'mon its really not that bad. Bobby taught me how to drive when I was like eight."

"That seems very irresponsible. A child should not be behind the wheel of a vehicle."

"A regular child should not be behind the wheel. I was a hunter in training it was totally responsible. And you are an angel with extra sensory skills or whatever so you'll be fine. So no more excuses lets go," (y/n) said as she tossed the keys as Castiel.

"But (y/n) you have a deep love for this car. What if I wreck it?"

"Cas if you wreck my car it will fine. Between me and Dean it will be back to normal within a few days." 

Cas contiued to give the car a worried look while anxiously moving the keys from one hand to another. (y/n) walked around to where Cas was standing and took his hands in hers.

"Cas don't worry driving's fun! Once you get started it's simple. Besides it's either this go back inside and help Sam and Dean clean shotguns." (y/n) looked up and smiled at the nervous angel. He let out a deep breath and returned the smile.

"Okay. I'll try." Relieved at his answer (y/n) kissed his cheek, gave an enthusiastic "Let's go!" and got in the passenger
seat.

When Castiel slid into the driver's seat he began to gain confidence. He started to complete the sequence of actions he'd seen Dean do whenever he drove. He first put on the seat belt, adjusted his seat, and moved the rear view mirror to his eye level.

"See Cas you already know the basics. Now my car's old so you're gonna have to turn the ignition a few times before it finally turns on." 

Castiel nodded and began turning the keys. Finally, on the 5th try the engine roared to life."

"Okay good Cas now you just ha--" but before (y/n) could say "take it out of reverse and put it in drive" Castiel interrupted saying 

"Press the gas pedal I know" smiling as he put his foot down on the pedal.

"NO CAS WA--" but it was too late. Cas had already slammed his foot on the pedal and began reversing and crashing through the fence.After realizing what was happening he slammed on the breaks and with a horror stricken expression looked at passenger.

"(y/n) I believe something is wrong with this vehicle it doesn't go in the correct direction." 

This sent (y/n) into a fit of laughter and in between laughs she managed to say somehow say "You forgot to put it in drive". Castiel looked through the back window and saw what he had did to fence.

"Oh...um....that's unfortunate. I seemed to have damaged the fence."

(y/n) had finally stopped laughing and they both got out to survey the damage. The car was fine, but the fence lay in splinters. Sam, Dean, and Bobby had heard the noise and had ran out to see what had caused it. Seeing a the fence and a guilty looking Cas, both the brothers began laughing hysterically. Bobby, on the other hand, turned a bright shade of red and yelled, 

"What the hell did my fence ever do to you Cas! You're going to fix that. By hand. Get busy."

Castiel began to pick up splintered remains of the fence thinking that maybe he should leave the driving to (y/n)and Dean.