Hide-and-Seek with a Side of Terror (SamxReader)

It was a hot day in Sioux Falls and you and the Winchesters had decided to enjoy the nice weather. After Dean found a deck of cards, you and Sam set up a playing table on the porch. You had asked Bobby to join you but he said he needed to do some repairs and disappeared in the salvage yard. After a few hours of games, you eventually grew tired of cards and began looking for something else to do.

 “We could build a card house,” Sam said throwing his cards on the table.

“It’s too windy look,” you said, pointing at Sam’s cards that had began to slide across the table.

“I’m sure we can think of something. Something simple though,” Dean said as he leaned back in his chair.

“Tag?” Sam suggested.

“No too much running,” you replied, taking a sip of your lemonade.

“Duck duck goose?” Dean proposed.

“It wouldn’t be very fun with only three of us,” Sam said.

“Hide and Seek then,” Dean stated.

“Oooh yeah!” you exclaimed.

“Alright yeah we could do that,” Sam agreed.

“Since I’m the oldest I’ll be the seeker first,” Dean said turning his back to the front door. “Alright 10…9…8,”

“That’s not enough time!” you heard Sam argue as you flew past him into the house.

You quickly ran up the stairs and briefly looked around until you decided on a room on the right side of the hall. You darted in and shut the door behind you. You rushed to the closet but started panicking when it wouldn’t open. After a few tugs you managed to get the doors open and you slid in. You sat down amongst the boxes, your knees drawn to your chest. You soon heard footsteps coming up the stairs and the door to the room suddenly opened. You thought it was Dean until you heard his voice downstairs.

“Ready or not here I come!” you heard him yell.

“Ahh crap!” Sam muttered under his breath. He then threw the closet doors open and jumped when he saw you.

“No Sam go somewhere else this is my spot!” you whisper yelled at him.

“There’s no time!” he said as he began wedging himself in.

“There’s not even enough room in here for both of us! We won’t even be able shut the doors!”

“Yes there is just help me with this!” After a few moments of struggling you managed to get the doors shut. Sam was able to sit down on your right, a stack of three boxes separating you.

“I can’t believe that out of this whole house you decided to run into the same room as me!” you whispered.

“Well I couldn't find anywhere downstairs and panicked!” he whispered back.

“You couldn't have hid under the bed?!”

“It's too close to the ground I can't—wait…I think Dean’s coming up the stairs…” he said. You both stopped talking and soon enough you could hear Dean’s heavy steps approaching.

“Sam you forgot to close the door!” you exclaimed as you looked through the slits of the closet doors.

“I didn’t have time to! Now be quiet or he’ll hear us!” You both went quiet, or at least you did.

“Why are you breathing so loud?” you said looking at Sam around the boxes.

“I’m sorry I’m a mouth breather!”

“Well do something about it!” you demanded as you heard Dean walk past your room and into one of the others down the hall. Sam covered his mouth with his hand and it went quiet, but only for a second. He then began harshly, and loudly, breathing through his nose.

“Sam!” you exclaimed.

“I’m trying!” he replied. He then began alternating breathing through his nose and mouth, the result still being very audible.

“Stooop!” you said glaring at him. Dean then cautiously walked in the room and glanced around. You watched him through the gaps in the door as he looked under the bed. He gave the room a final once over and was about to leave when his eyes stopped on the closet. He began slowly walking over when something fell on the first floor. Dean turned his head toward the noise and quickly bounded out of the room to the source of the sound.

“That was close,” you said as Sam exhaled the breath he was holding. “He’ll be back though once he realizes that noise wasn’t either of us.” You both sat in silence, listening to Dean rummage around on the first floor looking for you. The silence lasted a good five minutes before Sam broke it.

“(y/n) stop touching me. Scoot over,” he whispered.

“I’m not anywhere near you,” you replied.

“Seriously stop touching my shoulder this isn’t funny!”

“I’m not touching your damn shoulder Sam!”

“Well something is!”

“It’s not me so just shut up!” You then felt something drop on your head. “Ha ha very funny Sam. Get your hand off my head.”

“(y/n)….I’m not touching your head,” he slowly responded.

“You’re a very bad liar Sam.” He then slowly stretched his arms out, showing you that he was, in fact, not touching you. Your eyes went wide and you reached up to feel what was on your head. When you came in contact with a cold hand you screamed and quickly jumped up. 

“THER’ES SOMETHING IN HERE WITH US!” you yelled as you tried to get the closet doors open. They were stuck and wouldn’t budge. Sam jumped up and tried to help when the thing that was touching you fell on him.

“IT’S A BODY!” he exclaimed. You and him kept screaming your heads off and ramming your shoulders into the jammed doors. You heard Dean running up the stairs yelling for you and Sam. As soon as he stepped into the room you and Sam fell from the closet, still screaming. 

“GET IT OFF DEAN GET IT OFF!” Sam yelled as you scrambled away. When Dean’s laughter suddenly filled the room you both looked up confused. Dean was laughing so hard he couldn’t even talk, instead he was just pointing at Sam. When you looked over you realized why and face palmed.

“Oh man, good thing I came just in time,” Dean said as he pulled the “body” off his brother. “This thing could have viciously killed you.” Sam looked up to see Dean holding the upper half of a bullet riddled mannequin. He stared in disbelief as you began laughing hysterically.

“Is that…is that the one Bobby used to let us use for target practice?” Sam questioned.

“Looks like it. And look he missed you,” Dean said as he approached Sam. He then started making the mannequin hand stroke Sam’s cheek.

“Dean stop,” Sam said as he swatted the hand away and stood up. When you got up something colorful in the closet caught your eye and you went over to investigate.

“Sam look your favorite!” you exclaimed. Sam and Dean turned to you and when Sam saw what you were holding panic filled his eyes.

“(y/n)…put that down,” he said with obvious fear in his voice.

“But Sam he’s so happy to see you,” you said as you shook the porcelain clown doll at him. You began stepping toward him but he counteracted your steps with his own.

“(y/n) stop,” he said.

“Come play with me Sammy!” you said with a high pitched sing-song voice, making the clown wave at him. Sam’s eyes grew wide with fear as he turned and ran from the room. You chased after him and ran downstairs, almost running into Bobby as you pursued Sam through the back door.

“I don’t understand how that boy can face the Devil himself, yet still be scared of something as dumb as a clown,” Bobby said to Dean as they watched you chase Sam around the yard.

“None of us understand it,” Dean replied as you jumped on Sam’s back and waved the doll in his face, “but it does make for some good entertainment.”