Take Me Down (Dean x Reader)- Part 3

(A/n) Just imagine Andrew Scott as the demon cos that's what I did

The cool desert wind beat against your face as you hurtled down the lonesome desert road. Led Zepplin was blasting out of all the open windows into the clear night. Your hair was whipping all around you, completely untamed. You glanced in the rear view mirror and saw your bloodshot eyes staring back. They were swollen and puffy, silent tears still streaming out, smearing your days old eyeliner even more than it already was.

You turned away and looked back out at the abyss in front of you, taking a long drink amber whiskey before tossing it in the seat next to you.

You squinted your eyes as you looked into the distance. You sped along for a few more minutes before suddenly slamming on the brakes as you jerked the wheel to the side.

The Impala skid violently to the right. When it stopped the headlights illuminated where two sandy roads met.

A crossroads.

You sat still, just staring out at the paths as the radio continued to play electric guitars at deafening levels. You rubbed your stinging eyes. It only made the sensation worse.

You suddenly heard Bobby's voice in your head. Don't do anything stupid.

You shook your head. What other choice did you have?

You turned the key in the ignition, cutting off the motor and radio, but left the headlights on so you'd be able to see.

You grabbed the alcohol and a small box from the seat beside you and walked out.

You fell down to your knees in the middle of the crossroads. You delved your hands into the cool sands and began digging. The deeper you got the warmer the sand became. You wished Sam was here. You could almost here him beside you, explaining how the sand retained its heat and how the natural wildlife used it to their advantage...

You shook your head. It was a good thing he wasn't here. He would just try to stop you. And you didn't want him to see you like this. A crying mess that had managed to stay in a numb, drunken state for weeks.

You flipped open the cigar box, double checking one last time that everything was there. It looked right to you for all you knew.

You tossed it into the sand and buried it. You sat back and waited, resting your hands on your knees and taking an occasional sip from your glass bottle. And you waited.

Just when you thought you'd done something wrong, a voice spoke to you.

"Well, well. (Y/N)(L/N). We've been expecting a call from you."

You looked up and in front of you, you found a man. He was older, but still attractive as all demons seemed to be. His dark hair was meticulously combed, the black suit he wore a stark contrast to his pale skin. He smiled slyly at you and extended a hand. When you stood up without his assistance he laughed dryly and returned his hand to his pocket.

"You've certainly kept us waiting," he said. "I expected you to break months ago-" he paused, looking up and down at your disheveled state. "-and to be a lot cleaner."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint. It's been kind of rough for awhile, a few things tend to take a backseat."

He pursed his lips and leaned against a boulder that sat on the edge of the road. "In that case, you must want something real bad. So go ahead and ask." He turned to you, smiling as he shifted his eyes from deep brown to their true demon red.

"You already know what I need."

"Yes but I need to hear you say it."

"Need or want?" You asked harshly. He shrugged playfully.

"Who can tell anymore." You gritted you teeth but spoke anyway.

"I need him back."

"Need who back?" He asked, blinking innocently and feigning ignorance. You bit your inner lip and swallowed hard.

"Dean," you choked out. "I need Dean Winchester back."

"Oow," he hissed, scrunching his face. "Afraid I can't help you there."

"And why's that?"

"Strict orders from the Crown," he explained. "Dean's soul is a no go. No touching, no looking, no swapping."

You felt a weight drop in your stomach. "Why?"

"Who can say?" He crossed his arms leisurely. "I'm a good little demon I keep my head down and do as I'm told. But if I were to guess I'd say the list is long. He's been the downfall of so many demons, monsters, and all kinds of our nasties. You can't begin to imagine the toll-"

"You're losing my interest," you interrupted. "And for you that's very dangerous."

"Oooh," he said, shaking his shoulders excitedly. "I like 'em feisty with a little attitude. Throw in a little knife play and I'm all yours."

"Be my personal escort to Hell and I'll be your dream girl," you said, smiling sweetly. He looked at you up and down, grinning deviously.

"Don't make offers you can't deliver on, dear."

You approached him slowly, a small smile on your lips. "You should know by now that a hunter's word is sacred. We always make good on our end." Your hands went to the lapels of his jacket and you smoothed them out. "You help me, I help you. With whatever you want," you added.

He grinned down at you. "It would be quite a useful thing having someone like you in my back pocket."

"Just get me Dean back and we can get started."

"I already told you I can't," he said, running a hand through your hair.

"Surely you know someone that can do something," you said. "A crossroad demon like you has to have connections."

"Under normal circumstances, I could get whatever you needed. But this is a special kind of case. Any demon steps within a mile of his soul we get sent to the great black beyond for all eternity."

"No sneaking in or out?" He laughed dryly.

"I'm telling you, there's nothing me or any other demon can do for you. Once the King of Hell makes up his mind, nothing will change it. Nothing."

Your chest tightened and your eyes narrowed slightly.

"So there's nothing you can do for me."

"Not a damn thing," he smiled. Your face fell flat.

"Then you're completely useless."

"Not by a long shot," he laughed. "I can give you whatever you're little heart desires. Glory, fortune, fame. You say the word and-" his words were cut short by the knife you plunged into his chest. His body flickered and sizzled with golden light as his soul withered within him.

You pulled the knife back, his body slumping lifeless to the floor.

You sank down to your knees as involuntary sobs began to rack your body. This was your last shot. This was it. The end of the line. All these months of searching and nothing. You weren't one step closer to getting Dean back. Not even a little bit.

You fell to your back, arms outstretched beside you. Your chest heaved from despair as you looked up at the millions of stars above you in the night sky. Through the haze of tears you could make out the North Star, the celestial body that was supposed to lead you home. You weren't sure where that was anymore.

"What am I supposed to do?" You asked the heavens. "What am I supposed to do..."