Chapter 1: Beautiful Things And Ideas

Summer is such a beautiful thing. A time to relax, hang out with friends, talk with family.

But of course, here I am. With none of the above.

I've been counting down the days until I go back to Hogwarts. At the moment, a week and a half.

I had planned the summer out with Lily, until her family flew off to Paris to visit one of Lily's relatives.

Alex has been helping me with my dreams, demanding I partially read one of the books. I lightly did.

I have been talking with Sev a lot, with our usual meetings at the park of Spinners End.

He's stuck with the blows of his tempered father and the yells of his vindictive mother. He didn't allow me to step in, completely refused.

Reggie is stuck with his psychotic pure-blood crazed family and Sirius. He's written to me, about himself and Sirius. He says they're both doing well.

Black's are notorious liars.

As for the boys, of course I couldn't see them.

Reg and Alex are the only ones that have written to me. I was crushed when the letters stopped coming. They were my only company.

And here I am, laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling, feeling sorry for myself.

Also for my dreams, I haven't been having them as much as I thought I would. I woke up screaming the other day, Miss Hope pounding viciously on the door.

I'm not going to tell you the rest.

Interupting me of my thoughts, a black and gray owl hooted, a letter in its beak.

I stood up towards the window, and took the letter. It was from Regulus. I chuckled and tore it open.

"Dear Liv,

Sorry I haven't written in a while, family stuff. You know. Sirius actually had a conversation with me the other day, and it was about you. I swore I wouldn't tell. Sorry.
I hope you're not as miserable as I am over there-"

"Oh, Reg. I'm an orphan. I'm really miserable wherever I go." I rolled my eyes and continued to read, plopping back down on the moth-eaten bed.

"But still. I hope you're okay. Sirius has been talking about running away. I don't want him to.

Sincerely,
Regulus."

I smiled to myself and stood back up again. Over the time being, with all my letters, I've been keeping them in a little trunk I store under my bed.

Wait.

Sirius was planning to run away from home? I remember last year I had talked to him about it.

Did he actually think it over?

But before I could finish thinking, my eyes fluttered closed uncontrollably, falling into sleep.

*****
"Sev, don't you just love the grass?"

"Why?"

"I don't know. I just think it's a beautiful thing. Without it, there would just be dirt. Without it, what would we lay in?" I giggled a little.

"We could always lay in leaves, Liv." He shrugged a shoulder, trying not to smile.

"But leaves make this annoying 'CRUNCH, CRUNCH' sound that I hate. A lot." He finally let out a laugh.

"Don't you just hate the word 'crunch'? Why is it even in the English language, why couldn't it be a word like moist? Wait... I hate moist too. Let's just start it over!"

He was laughing uncontrollably behind his hand.

"Who created the word crunch? I mean... what? I bet wizards were behind it." Severus was now wheezing.

"I'm serious! Who was that stupid to make the word, CRUNCH?"

When we were, mostly calm, we went and sat on a pair of swings. "I bet I can go higher than you." I smiled at him.

He turned and smirked. "Your on, Winters."

"Who's on me?" I rolled my eyes, and kicked my legs forward. He did the same.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I giggled as his swing bumped mine, moving me to the other side.

In the end, I actually ended up winning. He commented I was very competitive, more than usual that is.

After attempting to do cartwheels, which we failed, we parted ways and I headed back to the orphanage.

I never go through the door when I leave. Or come back for that matter. I always go out my window.

Still having what Reg wrote in my head, I climbed back up smoothly into the dusty bedroom.

After living here my entire life, it's easy to distract Miss Hope and the other children.

As I jumped into the wooden floor, the dusty panels jumping up, a thought zoomed to my head.

I could run away.

_____________________

FIRST CHAPTER IS DONE!!! Thank you one last time for reading 'Stars' and this chapter of Moons.

Just to let you know there are going to be more chapter than there were in 'Stars' and I wish I had written more in 'Stars, honestly.

HAPPY [LATE] TURKEY DAY EVERYBODY *seriously no turkey emoji* (padfoot, it's too late for that...)

VOTE IF YOU ENJOY