Chapter 17: Old Friends?

(A/N: Jennifer ^^^ is an OC created by ravenclaw0312 she does not belong to me!!!)

"Jen. . . Jennifer?"

Jennifer? Is that her name? She was a redhead, reminding me of Lily. Remus was still frozen in place, as James smiled widely.

"Oh hey, Jennifer!" James engulfed her in a hug, causing her eyes to widen, and she just stood still.

"James, get off of me."

"Okay. . ." James stopped hugging her, hiding slightly behind me as I flicked his head.

I walked up to Remus, lightly slapping his face. "Remus John Lupin? Are you still there. . . ?"

He didn't respond, just continued to stare at the poor girl.

I went up to her, smiling and sticking out my hand. "Don't mind him. I'm Olivia Winters," She smiled back at me, shaking my hand.

"Jennifer Weasley, and it's alright, I've minded him times before. . ." What us she talking about? Wait.

Oh, merde.

"Did you bully her? I thought you had stopped that. Tell me you didn't or I swear-!" Remus shook his head, opening his mouth to speak.

"Um, hi, Jennifer."

"Remus. It's. . . alright to see you?" She nervously smiled, fiddling with her hands.

"Wait a minute, can someone tell me what the hell is going on right now?!"

"Lia, we have a lot to talk about."

"NO! You are going to tell me right here, right now, what's going on! Before I call Alex to. . . Nevermind. Just. . . Tell me." I crossed my arms, as Jennifer sighed and sat down on a bench.

"I've been friends with the Marauders for. . . A long time, I guess. At the beginning of first year, I gave them something, something Remus didn't accept. It made me angry, upset, and just. . . Sad. So now, Here we are." I looked at all three of them, my brows furrowing.

"What the. . . Remus, there's. . . That's just. . There's something wrong with-" I lost my words, shaking my head.

"Why haven't you mentioned her to me before?" For some reason, it made me hurt that none of the boys told me they had another close friend.

"We just. . . Didn't want to be reminded of it, I guess. After she stopped talking to us, we figured the intelligent Lia Winters could help. But, now you're our best friend. . ." James shrugged.

Wait what?

"So, you just came to me, for help to try to get your friend back? Just because you thought I could get your best friend back, you became friends with me? Not because of who I was, but because of what you thought I could do?" This made me upset.

I really thought they cared about me. That they became friends with me, because they cared.

No, I'm not mad at Jennifer. So far, she seems wonderful. I'm just mad at the boys.

I turned to Jennifer, not daring to cry because of them. "Be careful of what you think about them. They could just prove you wrong. Make things worse."

I glared at Remus and James one more time, before I turned away, walking at a fast pace.

"And to think I thought you two still cared!"

*****
After I had made it to the common room, I let a few years spill from my eyes, but that's it

At the moment I was horribly angry. Just. . . Angry that they never told me.

Who do I have now? What am I going to do? Why is everything becoming so complicated?

Though I haven't had any dreams in about two nights, but I shouldn't push my luck.

"Via?" I recognized the nickname, as I looked up.

"Andy? How are you, bud?" I ruffled the boy's blonde hair, as he smiled.

"I'm doing good! What about you? Why are you crying?" I shook my head, laughing slightly.

"I bet you a galleon you already know." He nodded, his realization coming.

"Was it Black and his friends? I thought you all were good friends, what happened."

"Oh. It wasn't Black this time, just Potter and Lupin, it's complicated, And." I shook my head, as he nodded.

"I haven't seen you in a while, how's your grandmother, and your brother?" He instantly smiled at the question.

"She's good. And Matt is doing good, he got sorted into Gryffindor, I think you know."

"That's good, Andy. That's good."

Someone suddenly burst through the common room door, and it was Xenophilius, like last time.

"Headmaster Dumbledore needs to see you! Again, sorry!"

Huh. What did I do this time?

______________________

iM VERY ANGRY WITH MYSELF