Chapter 25: Nights Before Christmas

I was sure I would be going to the party alone.

I don't really care about going alone, because I would be able to hang out with the others, but it would have been nice to be asked.

Alex had already asked Kat in the midst of ten minutes, because he kept stuttering over his words. I was getting used to her being around and I decided to call her Kat once it a while, instead of New Girl.

The scene was cute, and Lily even got a photograph.

It had already been established that Jennifer would go with Remus as 'friends', Lily and James would go together, then Peter and Mary, and I was surprised that Sirius didn't already have a date.

Neither did Severus or Reg, but I could always hang out with them.

It wasn't until our classes ended, that a familiar Black came rushing towards me from Care Of Magical Creatures.

"Liv! Liv, can you slow down?! God, you walk fast." Regulus bent over, almost falling to the ground.

"What?" I laughed, pulling him up. I hated that he was almost taller than me. Seriously, where did Sirius and him get it from?

"Um, I wanted to ask if you wanted to go to the Christmas party together? Just as friends, I swear, because I don't want Blaire to think anything of it!"

"Woah, slow down, Reg! Of course I'll go with you, but who's Blaire?" I smirked, as his cheeks went red.

"N-No one, she just study's with me."

"Oooh, she study's with you!"

"Shut up!"

I punched his shoulder lightly, "But yes, I'd love to go with you. But quick question, why would you ask me instead of that Blaire girl?"

"Because I wanted to annoy the hell out of my brother. Bye!"

He pecked my cheek and ran from me quicker than Jennifer could curse. "Wait, Regulus! What do you mean annoy Sirius?!"

*****
I sighed to myself, rubbing my temples and mentally kicking myself. Yesterday had flew by so quickly, and now it was the night of the party.

"I swear, Alice, if you don't stop brushing my face with that I'll kick you." Alice slowly backed away from me, frowning.

"Fine. But you're already pretty enough without make up, Sirius is bound toㅡ"

Why is it always Sirius?

"So are you! Frank must think you're beautiful, inside and out. He's just that person to do that." I smiled.

She flushed. "Really?" I nodded.

"Hey, Marls, you never told us who you're going with." Lily said from the mirror, where Jennifer was doing her hair.

"I'm going with Amos, from Hufflepuff."

"Ah." Roslin muttered, sitting on her bed. Out of all of the girls in the dorm, she was the only one ready. The only thing she had done was slip on her dress and flats and she was fine with how she looked.

"I bet you all two galleons that Alex is telling the boys that time we all get drenched in rain a few years ago." Kat laughed, as I smiled a little.

"It was a legendary story, of course he would tell it." Mary commented, making Jennifer shake her head.

"The most legendary story is probably when Melvin ate Michael the Second."
"Who's Melvin? Then again, why are you bringing up that Michael all the time?" I laughed.

"Melvin is her pug, and Michael is a damn apple." Roslin said bluntly.

Once I was finally done with things, I headed downstairs to wait for the others. And of course, the boys and Alex were standing there, playing rock, paper, scissors?

"What are you doing?" They all turned to me, and froze. "Yeah, yeah, I know I look like that puddle of mud from yesterday but you don't have to stare."

"Nope, you look beautiful. Nothing like mud at all." Alex smiled.

"Thanks, but you're family, it doesn't really mean anything." I waved my hand in front of Sirius' face, as it broke out into a smile.

"Lia, you look. . . Well, gorgeous." He grinned, and I couldn't help but do the same.

"Thank you, and you look handsome, I have to say. And I don't usually give compliments, so be happy." He laughed, before Remus, James, and Peter all smiled.

"See, Lia? You really are gorgeous." James said, before I heard a ramble of noise come down the stairs.

"Lily, you lookㅡ"

"I look what, Potter?" Lily teased, making James blush lightly. It was something I've only seen him do a couple of times.

Sirius put an arm around my shoulder, before whispering. "They're almost there, we just have to push them closer. Don't you think?"

"Yeah, they're growing up so fast."

"Hey, Prongs! Mummy Padfoot loves you so much!" Sirius dramatically sobbed into my shoulder, before I pushed him off.

"Well, time to go!"

__________________________

TWO CHAPTERS IN A DAY, I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED!

Up top is 'Intro : In The Mood For Love' by BTS and it's such a beautiful song, I can'tㅡ