Chapter 18: I Have. . . What?

Dedicated to harrypotterlover6

"LIA! LIA, PLEASE! OLIVI-ow!" I continued to run full speed to Dumbledore's office, ignoring Sirius.

"Sirius?! Leave me alone!"

"NO, no, I don't think I can. . . run. . . anymore. . " I turned around, just in time to see him fall to the floor.

"How. . . How do you do it?"

"I run away, a lot. . ." I stopped my glaring, offering my hand which he gladly took.

"I'm going to go now." I turned around, beginning to run again.

"Wait!"

"What?!"

"Where are you going?"

"Dumbledore's office!" I ran again, not stopping. I heard him running again, though he was still panting.

"I'm going there, too! Well, if I do get there!" I shook my head, running faster.

He said it was urgent. Did something happen? Did someone get hurt? Why did he want to see me, and Sirius?

We made it to the statue, which made me wish I could kick it. "Ugh! I don't have time for this, help. . ."

Sirius nodded, but I didn't really ask for his help.

"Droobles?!" The statue moved, showing the staircase that's become familiar to me.

"Come on!" I grabbed his arm, pulling him up the staircase. Why did he want to see us?

I pushed open the door harder than I wanted to, because Sirius jolted hard and fell to the floor.

I still had my hand on the handle, as he pulled me down, and I landed on his legs. And I still had my handle tightly on the handle. The door barricaded down, and I screamed, but who wouldn't be scared if you were about to be murdered by a door?

Sirius pulled me to his chest, rolling over so that we were feet away from the scene.

The wooden door of the office fell with a very loud creak! and a thud!

Though I was still mad and wanted to kick him over and over, I had let Sirius hug me to his chest.

"You can let go now, you know. . ."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. . . Almost kill you?" I shook my head, getting up.

"It's fine-" I covered my mouth as I realized Dumbledore, Alex, and Mr. Codwel just staring at us.

"Professer. . . I'm so sorry, I'll fix it, I didn't mean to-"

"Don't worry about that now, dear. Mr. Black, may I talk to Miss Winters and Mr. Codwel alone?" Sirius slowly nodded, before he walked outside.

"Um. . . ?"

Alex sat in the seat next to me, as he frowned and looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry,"

"Albus, what is this about?" Mr. Codwel asked.

"Lewis, I think it's time we tell the children the truth."

"Truth? Dad, what's he talking about?" Alex asked his father.

What does he mean 'the truth'?

"You guys aren't making any sense. What are you saying?" I looked at the adults in confusion.

"Are you saying. . . The Codwel's. . ."

No. That's not possible-

The C. The c in Winters from my dream. The C is Codwel. Codwel-Winters. C-Winters.

The realization finally hit Alex.

"Son, Olivia is my niece. Your cousin."

I don't think I could breath.

"What? You told me all of Aunt Lilah's family was killed! Why didn't you tell me? The both of us?" Alex shared a look with me.

"It was a safety precaution," His father said. "We couldn't risk anyone targeting Olivia but-"

"But everyone else was killed. Exept Olivia?"

It felt like I was drowning in the truth, swimming up to the surface for air, only to find a wave of lies pulling me down again.

"You're my cousin. You're my uncle. You're my. . . family. I have family."

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Sirius came running through the door, followed by James, Remus, Peter, Lily, and Jennifer.

I smiled at Alex. I've missed him, and now I find out he's my family. He engulfed me in a hug, saying sorry over and over.

"You didn't do anything."

"Exactly. I didn't do anything. I'm sorry," I smiled, as I pulled away, going up to Lewis.

"Uncle Lewis - I'm going to call you that - I'm going to hug you at this moment." I barely even knew the strict man, but I felt an odd connection with him already.

But I hugged him anyway.

"Lia!" James came up to me, falling to his knees.

"Please we're so sorry we didn't tell you about Jennifer we just didn't want you to worry-"

"JAMES! I UNDERSTAND! I FORGIVE YOU!" He stood up, sighing in relief.

"Oh, that's good." He pulled me into one of those warm Potter hugs. Remus joined it, followed by Peter, causing me to giggle.

"Okay, okay! I get it, you missed me, I missed you." They all pulled away, leaving a smiling Lily.

"I think I'm going to get a- yep." I wrapped my arms around my best friend, chuckling as she struggled.

"It's good to see you back, Lia."

"Its good to be back, Lils." She let me go, gesturing to Sirius with a smirk. "Just. . . Talk to him."

I nodded. I went up to the tall boy, looking up at him with a smile. "Hi, I'm Olivia Guinevere Codwel-Winters. You're my friend, you call me Gorgeous and Lia which I love, and I've missed you. Your turn."

He grinned widely. "Hi, I'm Sirius Orion Black. You're my friend, I've missed calling you Gorgeous, because that's what you are. I've missed you yelling at me like hell, which is strange but, it's true."

"Do you think we could be friends again, Sirius?"

"I think we can, Gorgeous." Before I could say anything, he had me in his arms, laying his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry. For everything."

"And I'm sorry. For everything." He let me go, grinning cheekily.

I turned to Jennifer, the redhead looking very out of place. "Jennifer, I'm hoping we can be good friends. You seem. . . Cool." She smiled.

"So do you. And I'm sorry, it's my fault you were upset with them, I hop-" I had my arms wrapped around her in a hug before she could finish.

"It's alright. And by the way, I see the way Remus looks at you." You could even see her reddened face.

"Hey, guys?" We all turned to Peter.

"Where's the door?"

_______________________

Do do do da bum, click jjbang jjbang boom, click bum bam jjbang jjbang, do do do daㅡ idk