Was that a miracle?

The group of boys walked ahead of us while Scotty and I were walking behind. "Scotty, trust me you are going to do fine.  If not I will beat their heads in if they laugh at you." I joked.  Scotty just looked down thinking.  I would never say this out loud but he needs to stop thinking.  If he stopped thinking when he was with Bill then he wouldn't of probably gotten that black eye.  Or he really sucks.  The group of boys stopped so I put a arm in front of Scotty so I could listen.

"Why did you bring him here Benny?"

"Because he makes nine of us." replied Benny.

"Yeah-Yeah so would my sister but I didn't bring her."  I didn't even need to look to tell Yeah-Yeah said that.

"With Elswenger we had a whole team.  Elswenger could catch." Ham exclaimed.

"And throw."

"C'mon Benny man, he ain't game.  You saw the way he threw"  Kenny said.  I looked toward my brother who looked like he could cry.  The boys didn't know that he is like expensive china glass that can break if thrown around.

"Now I get to rotate eight positions instead of seven.  I need the practice guys." Benny said.

"Your the best on the team, you don't need any practice." "No you don't Benny man." "Your the best."

"Yeah, the kid is and L-7 weenie." Squints said making a square with his hands.  Wow, losers.

"Yeah-Yeah, Oscar Meyer even.  Foot long!  Dodger Dog! A weenie."  Yeah-Yeah yelled.  I put my hand on Scotty's shoulder to try to comfort him.  I glared at everyone who was laughing at Scotty.  I'm sure I heard Scotty sniffling.  Oh no.  Please don't cry.  That would be-

"What are you laughing at Yeah-Yeah, you run like a duck."  Benny said.  Wait is Benny sticking up for us.  "Kay kay, but I'm-I-I'm," "part of the game right?" Benny asked. "Yeah," Yeah-Yeah nodded.

"Then why can't he be?" Oh snap, crackle, and pop.  I'm going to have to thank Benny for that.  All the kids started throwing insults to my brother when, "man, base up you blockheads."

When Benny was coming over here I whispered to Scotty, "Don't tell them I play baseball, and with that I can't help you out here got it?"  Scotty looked surprised at this.  He knew I loved baseball as much as he loved his gadgets.  May be a little more.  He was about to answer but Benny interrupted him.

"Smalls you take left center okay? And Jaylynn you can watch in our dug out 'kay?"  Benny asked.  I nodded while Scotty said okay.  I was heading toward the dugout when Scotty tugged at my arm.

"I know your not supposed to help but where is left center?" Scotty whispered.  I rolled my eyes.  For someone who lives and breathes baseball like me this is the most idiotic thing to ask.  Especially from a kid who gets straight A's.  I pointed toward left center but for a short while so nobody noticed I was helping him.  "Thanks," Scotty beamed at me.  I shook my head walking toward the dug out.  I can't wait to see what they can do.

--------------------------------------------

They just ended playing and I was in awe struck.  Benny, the Benny, taught my brother, my brother, how to have fun and to play baseball.  It was like a miracle.  For a newbie Scotty is pretty good.  All I wanted to do was to grab a mitt and ball, and pitch like Kenny.  But this is Scotty's day to shine.  I'm so proud of him.  Even though I was proud I still would focus on Benny during the game.  I'm not gonna lie he is actually really good.  Plus a fast runner equals perfection in my book.

We were walking home and people started to part ways.  It was just Ham, Benny, Scotty, and me.  Ham and Benny were walking towards there house when Scotty shouted, "wait Benny! Your glove!"

"Keep it man." Benny said.  I was at awe again.  Good baseball player, funny, kind, fast, and hot.  That is just to much to handle.  I didn't here the rest because I ran toward the door and shut it.

"MOM!  Can I go to the diner to eat, since I was coopt up at the sandlot WITHOUT playing baseball?"  I begged using my puppy eyes.  I never use them only in emergencies.  Which is every time.

"Yes you may. Here is 20 dollars, go knock yourself out."

"YEAH, thank you thank you thank you!" I bolted out the door running toward the town.

The town is small but homey.  I love it.  I'm starting to walk no because you never know if this is the last day to see the scenery before you. Yes, I know, that was deep.  When I reached the diner I pushed open the door.  Chiming bells were heard making heads pop to my direction.  I sat at a booth waiting to be served.  The door's bells chimed signaling yet another person walked in.  I heard the feet pitter-patter near wear I was until they stopped right where I was.  As I slowly looked up I saw.....

Who do you think it is?  Please give me your thoughts.

-Author