The ninja skills

It was the fourth of July, my favorite holiday.  Every year our family would just eat barbeque and lay out on our lawn watching the fireworks.  It wasn't to bad of a show, but I hope this one is a lot bigger.  Benny said that there will be enough fireworks to light up the night sky, enough for a night game.

Right now I am in my room laying on my bed, throwing my baseball in the air, and catch it.  Repeat.  Throw, watch the ball, catch.  Repeat, throw, watch, catch.  I'M SO BORED!!!!!!!!!!  I would be getting ready to go to the baseball field with Scotty but sadly my mom and Bill, mainly Bill, said I can't go because of something so small!

They caught me sneaking back in at two in the morning.

I was just out with Benny but apparently they thought I was 'up to it' again. *Sigh* They can't trust me at all and it hurts.  I know what you are thinking, why don't you sneak out again?   Well Bill had a marvelous idea and nailed my window shut.  I haven't even been able to tell Benny because I have been grounded.  For a day, a day is long enough for me to loose my sanity.  Seriously, I think I am going crazy.  I hear laughter coming from my closet!  Oh shiznit!

I scrambled higher onto the bed and crawled into a tight ball.  I kept my eyes locked on to my closet door, awaiting for some high class murder to attack.  "Jaylynn?"

"AWWWW!!" I fell on to the floor scared out of my mind.  Scotty was at the door looking at me as if I were a mouse trying to talk to a cat. 

"Anyways, I'm leaving.  I will tell them you said hi!" He ran away leaving me alone in my god for saken bedroom.

"Tell Benny I love him!" I yelled to make sure he heard me.  I close my door and wadel to my closet.  There are no creepy mass murderers in there, I will be fine.  I opened my closet door and ran onto my bed and flipped over so I was shielded from the closet.  Peering over my bed I checked to see if the closet was empty.  Yep, just my pile of clothes on the floor and on the shelves.  I should clean later.  Oh and later means never.

Hmmmm, how about I wear a black long sleeved shirt that was off my left shoulder.  Not exposing much.  Then some tight and comfortable dark blue jeans that have a few rips in them, and black converse.  Okay, game plan.

I will have to go down the stairs, try and pass the squeaky kitchen floor, and pass the living room wear mom will be, then out the door I go.  Bill will be upstairs so I have to quietly open my squeaky door.

I opened the door slowly trying my best to not make a sound.  Creeakkk!  Oh no, I am a dead man.  Luckily the doorway was now open enough to let me through so I ran to the stairs,  and crawled down the stairs on my bum.  *Don't ask how, I am just a ninja*  Bill hasn't come out yet, so that is a good sound.  Okay, the spot next to the table, fifth tile to the right, is the spot where it creaks.  One step, two step, lean over the spot, Creeeakk! HOW COULD I MISS COUNT THAT! UGH!

"Bill!  Is that you hunny?" My mom yelled in the living room.  "Bill honey?" I heard her voice getting closer.  Shit.  I run and cover behind one of the chairs.  She walks in the kitchen looking around it, my heart is thumping out of my rib cage, my palms are getting sweaty.  What if she checks over here?  What if she finds me?  "Oh well, probably came in here for a beer," my mom leaves the kitchen and over to the bathroom area.  YEAH!  I run to the front door and open it, not caring to be quiet. 

I run, I run for what seems like miles.  It may just my regular run to the sandlot, but this was different.  The fireworks just started making me see where I am running.  I hear the shouts of the team stopping, making me wonder what is going on.  I run in there to see everyone gazing at the firworks, lighting up their eyes.  Then there is Benny, my Benny.  He is just running like it was any other day.  Just a day full of baseball.  I slowly walk up to the field.  The first person who saw me was Scotty, he pulled himself away from the show and looked at me.  "How?" He whispered to himself, then squinted his eyes at me.  I shrugged sheepishly, looking back at Benny. 

"Go Benny!" I yelled clapping as he made a home run.  He turned around and looked at where the noise came from.  His eyes landed on me, a big smile reached his face as he ran towards me.  He lifted me up in a hug, the baseball sure is helping him in the muscle department ;), and twirled us around.  We both laughed and savored the sweet moment, "Stop it or I am going to puke all over you."

Benny abruptly stopped and shielding his face away from me, "Not the face!"

I smirked, "Then how can I kiss you?"

"Kiss me hand," Benny said, I can feel him smirking under his hands.

"Smartass." I muttered, "Please open I won't puke."

"You promise?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"On your mother's grave?" I answered with a yes. "On baseball life?" I quickly said yes getting quite irritating.  He puts his hands away, "if baseball dies because of you I swear...."

"You swear what?" I ask challenglly.  He didn't say anything he just kissed me, the fireworks that exploded in that kiss was magical making me shiver.  Or may be that was because it was cold out.  Either way, I hope I never have to leave Benny.  He is a big piece of my life now, and I can't imagine life with out him.

Hope you like it!  Took me awhile but I got it done!!  Just wanted to say,  HELP ME GET 3,000 READS!!  Like 500+ to go!  So excited!

Love-

Author