Sibling Time

I haven't really spoken to anyone after what happened at the kissing booth.  May be it's because I'm afraid Benny will be mad at me, or that they will think I'm a slut, or may be it's because I can still taste mint in my mouth.  I know it's probably just because every time I brush my teeth it just reminds me of him.  So I am considering if I should even bother to brush my teeth.  Then I will have yellow teeth.  This sucks, they should come out with a different flavored toothpaste...

Bill was leaving for a business trip - I think- and mom is taking him to the airport.  We were in the driveway watching them pack the car till' it was full.  Scotty stood next to me, who looked as pale as a vampire, and said nothing to me as we both watched. 

"I'll be back in an hour.  I'm going to take your dad to the airport." Mom said looking at Scotty and me.  Then she noticed how pale Scotty was.

"Oh, okay," Scotty said like he was about to throw up.

"Honey, are you feeling alright?" Mom asks him.  "You look a little pale."  She pressed her hand against his forehead, ignoring the protests from her son.

"I'm fine," He said.

"Oh, alright." She huffs, then takes a step back so she can see the both of us.  She wraps her arms around us creating a huge hug - where she isn't letting go until Bill yanks her off.  "Be safe," She says.

"Listen Scott and Jaylynn, while I'm gone your the man of this house.  Understand?" Bill asks Scotty. 

"Okay," Scotty said, "Where are you going?"

"Chicago.  On a business trip for a week." He says.  No hugs? "We'll take another stab at catch when I get back, all right?"

"Yeah I guess so," Scotty whispers.  Should I mention that the black eye is gone.  Just saying.

"Take care of things for me okay?" He asks holding out his hand for Scotty to shake.

"Alright," He shakes Bill's hand.

"Okay, you both be good for your mother." He says before getting in to the car.  I turned sideways to look at Scotty who held his head down in shame. 

"You are so stupid," I scolded him.  He just kept his head down, not daring to look at my eyes.  I patted his shoulder which made his head snap up.  "Luckily, kids do stupid things all the time," I smiled at him.  He wrapped his arms around me and I didn't even hesitate to do the same.  We kind of just stood there in the driveway, hugging each other.  Trying to hold on to this moment.  We haven't had time together in a long time.  I guess when Scotty didn't have friends he always went to me.  So now it's like he flown out of his nest.  Or been kicked out of the nest.  Then Scotty's smell made me push him off of me.  He smelled like a zombie or something.  "Have you showered yet, gross!"

"So your not mad?" He ignored my last comment.  He smiled at me, his perfect teeth shined in the sunlight.  I shook my head.

"No, just don't do that again please." I said walking inside the house.  Scotty following right behind me.  "So other then that what did you guys do?" I asked.  Scotty sat down on the couch as I sat on Bill's chair.  He isn't here now is he?  It was so comfortable, more comfortable then my bed.  How could he keep this from us?

"Well, after we threw up on the ride, we went home.  What were we supposed to do anyways?  Walk around with bile all over ourselves?" Scotty says rubbing his forehead again.  "How was your night?"

My heart stopped, what should I say?  "I, uh, spent the night with Wendy." I said.

"Cool, what did you guys do?" Scotty said not even effected that I just said I hung out with Wendy Peffercorn.  If I told Yeah-Yeah or Squints then they would be shitting bricks.