8- Hosptial

Ethan's POV

When I woke up, the first thing I saw was a paramedic. I quickly regained my thoughts and remembered what happened- I see a baseball bat on the left of me, and to the right of me-

"OH MY GOSH CASSIE", I yell. She was on the floor- her arm was twisted really weirdly and she had blood coming from her forehead.

"Don't worry." A paramedic said. "We're going to take you both to hospital. How did this happen?" She asked.

I was going to tell her about Cassie's dad, but I felt like I shouldn't get involved in their family matters. Cassie should decide herself what to do.

"I don't really remember." I lie. "Will Cassie be okay?"

"Well she's still breathing, but she definitely has a broken arm- so we'll have to see at the hospital." The paramedic responds.

The paramedics make me take off my old man makeup, which was already starting to come off anyway and then they take me into the ambulance, put Cassie on a stretcher and put her with me inside the van. They ask me questions about my pain, and decided I didn't suffer any major injuries- but I would need to put bandages on my head. Cassie was beginning to move a bit- her consciousness was regaining. However, she kept on murmuring, "no dad!". I wondered what she went though whilst I was unconscious. I hurt me that I couldn't do anything to help her.

***
The ambulance turns into the hospital parking and we all get out. We are sent to the emergency apartment. I sit in the waiting room whilst they assess Cassie. An hour passes, but I still get no doctors coming out to give me any news. I would call Gray, but he's over at Jack's, and I wouldn't want to disturb him.
***
Finally, after another hour, a doctor comes out.
"Cassie will be okay. We've given her pain killers for her headache. She demos have a broken arm- but it will most likely heal in a month- make sure you bring her back ear every week to change the bandages." The doctor says.
I'm so grateful she's okay. I smile and thank him, before he goes back to the room to get Cassie.
***
When she comes out- she looks a mess. She's obviously been crying. I soon find out why, as I see two police officers come out of the room behind her. I hug her and she smiles.

"I'm so sorry Ethan." She says. "You didn't deserve this."
"No- I'm sorry- I should've protected you." I say- this definitely wasn't her fault.

"What's happening about your dad?" I ask, as we head out the car park, to be escorted to my flat.
"I told them he didn't do anything." She says, leaving me in shock.
"What? Why?" I ask.
"Because, if he goes to jail- my mum will take everything from me. I won't have a home or anything." She says.

I open the door for her and we feel the whack of fresh air from the car park. An officer gestures towards his car, and we get in. I tell him my address and he drives us to my flat.
***
I open my flat door for Cassie and she gets in.
"You should've just dropped me home." She said.
"And leave you with that monster? No thanks." I say. I'm never going to let you out of my sight. You can stay with me now.
"Are you sure Ethan?" She asks.
"Yes babe- anything for you." I say, winking as she blushes.

Next update on Monday :))