10- Tears

Ethan's POV

I just couldn't get to sleep. I had such a bad night. I kept thinking about how this was all my fault.
I'm just really stupid sometimes. I hope Cassie doesn't think this is her fault.

To be honest, I think she should've reported her Dad to the police. Why would she want to even be near that monster?
I don't know how she sleeps at night, having a father like that. She actually has a broken arm.
***
I'm currently in the car, on my way to get Gray from Jack's house. I left Cassie a note, and got into the car that me and Grayson both share.

On the way, I blast out some music by Nicki Minaj- my celebrity crush. Superbass comes on and I scream the words.

I then stop at a traffic light, and get weird looks from other people- obviously making me scream louder.
***
I get to Jack's house and ask where Gray is.
"Oh, he's in my room." Jack says, smiling.
I eventually get to Jack's room, and I pause before opening the door.
Should I tell Grayson about Cassie?
I mean, we weren't really a thing- but there was a girl in his bed right now.
Yeah, I think I should- I've never kept anything form Grayson before, and that isn't going to start now.

I place my hand on the door knob and I open the door. I am greeted by Grayson on the bed, on his phone.

"Hey bro" I say, putting my hand out so we can do our secret handshake.
"Hey E." he says, doing the handshake with me.
"How's everything?" I ask.
"It's alright. We filmed a few vids for Jack's channel. How about you?" He responds, moving the hair out of his face.
"Not much either. Actually Gray, I need to tell you that-" I began, before getting cut off by Grayson.

"ETHAN! Look at all this!" He interrupts, showing me his Twitter feed.
It was full of questions and swearing and screenshots of people blocking us.
"What happened?!" I ask, slightly concerned. Why we're our fans freaking out all of a sudden?
"Read it." Gray said. He hands me his phone and I scroll through the tweets.

//@ethansmain " Ethan WHY ARE YOU WITH A GIRL? Trust me that b^tch won't do you any good"//
//@graystopleftab "Ethan I am actually unstanning if you can't tell us who this girl is. ITS BEEN A WHOLE DAY- WE ARE WAITING!!!!!//

I hand the phone back to Gray.
"I honestly have no clue what they're on about." I admit to Gray. What girl? I haven't hung around with any gir-
Oh.
Oh my gosh.
They're talking about Cassie. Oh my gosh.
She cannot see those tweets- she would get so upset. She already has so much on her shoulders.

"Gray wait. I know." I say.
"What? WHO IS THE GIRL ETHAN?!" He yells, obviously quite frustrated.
"C-Cassie. Her name is Cassie." I stammer, a bit scared of Grayson- which is really quite ironic, seeing as I am the older twin.
Grayson gets off the bed, making it creak, and stands near the window. He takes a deep breath, and then turns towards me again.

"That doesn't give me any information E. who is she? How do our fans know about her?" He says, calmer, this time.
"She's.... a fan. I met her the other day. I took her out. But our date went really wrong and then we had to go hospital. She's staying at ours for now. I can't just leave her Gray." I said, passion pouring out of me.
"You can't trust her. How do our fans know you're with her?" He questioned.
"Well we're not together together," I said, smiling as I imagine what it would be like if we were a couple, "but it must've been a selfie I put up last night. Her hand was in it." I say.

"You really can't trust her-" he begins.
"Uh, guys? My mum wants you guys to head out- we have guest coming." Jack interrupts, his head peeking out from behind the door frame. We both nod, brohug Jack, and go the car.
***
It is all silent for a while until Gray starts talking again.
"Yeah E. I really don't think you should trust her. What do you want out of this anyways?" He asks.
"I do know. She is really cute. I would love a relationship with her." I say, smiling at the thought.
"Really?" Gray asks, obviously quite surprised. I already know what the next question will be.

"What about Meredith?" He asks, as expected.
"What about her Gray?" I say, feeling my blood boil. Meredith and I are a thing. Like we were going out at some point. But I saw her with another guy- she knows I saw her, but she still wants to be with me. She just wants popularity.
"She's nothing to me." I say.
"Are you Sure? She sure doesn't seem to think that." Gray states.
The car goes silent for the rest of the journey, until we park.
***
I open the apartment door- and I am greeted by Cassie.
Her eyes are red, and she has tears streaming down her face.
Oh no. What's happened now?