26- 80.5 Miles

Cassie's Mum's POV

*RING RING*

I get my phone out of my pocket and check to see who it is. It's an unknown number. I tap the decline button and put it back in my pocket.

I'm currently on my break at work and I am in the bathroom. I don't really get along with anyone here, so I'm just by myself. I like it that way anyways. I sip my coffee from my flask when-

*BEEP BEEP*

My phone goes off again- but this time it's a text message.

I swipe the notification and read the message.

//"Hi Ma'am, so sorry to disturb you. We would like to bring to your attention that your daughter, Cassie, has been in a car accident. She is headed to Kingsley Hospital- although we haven't seen any major injuries yet. Please do come to the hospital."// I read.

Oh my gosh. Cassie had a car accident? She doesn't even have her licence- because I couldn't afford the lessons anymore.

I do try to support Cassie- but sometimes I find that I really can't.

I am such a bad parent.

I don't even check to see if she's alive everyday.

What kind of mum am I?

I left her to live alone, with her abusive father. Speaking of which, I need to get some of my bruises checked out.

Cassie really does deserve better. The least I can do is go and visit her in hospital.

"Hey Siri- how far away is Kingsley Hospital?" I ask Siri.

"Kingley Hospital is 80.5 miles away Janet." Siri responds.

Dang it. That's a hella long way away.

But I am going to drive there- because that's what Cassie deserves.

I scribble down a note for my manager and leave the toilets. I place the note down on the front desk as I speed walk through the automatic doors and head towards my car.