Dear Diary ➤ Part 40

There is a sort of broken hearted that is akin to a smooshed ice-cream melting on a hot road; then there is the sort that is akin to lighting a match, enjoying the flame and leaving the ashes.

Mal's memories of him, the fun ones, are that flame, but the rest is the ashes she watch blow away in the wind. She think that's fair.

"If I was like mom, this wouldn't hurt. If I never listened to my heart, this wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't be in this situation. I would be ruling this judgmental, pain aching place of a home alongside my mother without thinking twice about grabbing that..." her words faded down as her mind traced back to its previous thoughts.

The blade.

Every single time life stole a part of her, it was impossible for her to put herself back together.

She still felt pain, so much raw pain, to the point where she believed she couldn't be broken anymore.

"I connected to a part of you others never feel. I saw a part of your soul you never wanted to let out of the bag. I touched you and saw your reaction, beautiful and raw," Mal choked out, squeezing her bed blanket closer to her chest as she recited half the love poem she read in class that viewed through Ben's eyes.

It was all a lie.

"It hurts!" She cried more.

This heartache- it's been eating her up. The world no longer seems magical. The sky no longer seems limitless. The chirping of the birds no longer is a music to her ears. It's very dark in here. Not from the practical point of view, but from her mental state.

It's all too painful; her pain is never-ending.