Dear Diary ➤ Part 48

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

Last diary part. This ended 2 parts faster than I expected.
↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

"Love is weak!"

"Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing."

"It's the deeds, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil. When I was your age, I was cursing entire kingdoms."

"The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before four hearts as one!"

"Well, then get me the wand and you and I can see all that and so much more. And with that wand and my scepter, I will be able to bond both good and evil to my will!"

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel."

"The future of the free world rests on your shoulders. Don't blow it."

"I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... In her own way."

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

The tears flowed unchecked down her cheeks and dripped from her chin. She was too sad to cry out or wail, she just stood there as still as a statue while the magnitude of her loss swept over her.

Her lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of her mouth. "Why..." She began, yet what followed was engulfed in the tremors.

She was forever tormented by a past that could not be undone.

Mal grabbed her drawing book, tracing over the cover as she remembered all the times she ignored the world surrounding her just to focus on what her mind was creating.

Why did life have to become more complicated?

In gentle times a cry brings the cavalry, attention and love. In the days of sharp knives it brings more pain and isolation, and so you can be quite sure that the cries are of the desperate in pain that keeps on slicing deeper.

And in these times some learn the magic trick of self healing, how to get out get up in silence... heal in silence... present themselves as well until one day it is true, and they are.

Perhaps this is where others expect Mal to be now, with the self healed ready to become the army of helpers, the ones who turn the ship around with patient love and teaching.

She's left Auradon before. She can do it again.

But this time she doesn't plan to come back.

This time she isn't running.

This time she isn't hiding.

This time she isn't ignoring her responsibilities.

This time she's fixing herself.

And to know she's leaving to finally work on herself and to know she's on a journey to be rebirth... made her happy.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠